Original topic:

Health Monitoring

(Topic created on: 01-21-2022 07:25 PM)
Azzigoth
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

Hi Samsung,

Any word on when the health monitoring app with BP, ECG, and blood oxygen monitoring will be made available in South Africa?

I am very angry to find it does not function. All of your marketing collateral leads us to believe it functions in South Africa. I went with this instead of an Apple watch (WHICH WORKS BY THE WAY) and now I regret it. This is the last time I support this company. I am moving to Apple.

I have also reported this to the South African consumer rights group. This is patently false advertising and you must be made to pay for your lies. 

11 Comments
Dali1234
Active Level 7
Wearables
I feel your pain. I have a galaxy watch and I have not upgraded because I won't be able to get value for money. We pay the same as everyone else.
Azzigoth
Active Level 1
Wearables
I don't even mind the cost. What I mind is the misleading marketing collateral. Just be honest that it doesn't work rather. That way consumers can then at least make an informed choice. This has left a very bitter taste in my mouth.
0 Likes
Wearables
Hello samsung i want to buy samsung lcd screens do you have and online shop for those.
0 Likes
Jacques2109
Active Level 1
Wearables
I wish i saw this before buying. So sad. Bought the watch yesterday after doing thorough research. Thinking that we can do this in SA. And now i see this after trying everything. **bleep** so sad.
0 Likes
Azzigoth
Active Level 1
Wearables
You can get the BP and ECG to work. There are some tutorials on YouTube. The blood Oxygen sadly not.

2 out of 3 is better than nothing, while we wait for Samsung to get their **bleep** together.
0 Likes
Jacques2109
Active Level 1
Wearables
Do u have a link? Ive tried everything. It all comes back to health monitor which is not supported here.
0 Likes
Azzigoth
Active Level 1
Wearables
https://youtu.be/8FAYt6vylmE this is the one I followed and it worked for me.

Ridiculous that we need to do this for a watch we paid several thousand Rand for 🙁
Jacques2109
Active Level 1
Wearables
Tried and failed. Active 2 developer options not close to that watch. Haha. Only one option. So sad.
0 Likes
W_W
Active Level 2
Wearables
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/restrictions-removed-samsung-health-monitor-wearos-1-1-1-181-root...

Read the instructions. Got bp and ecg to work.

Had to change the samsung health cdc* to uk to display blood oxygen reading while sleeping. The feature is active just not shown imo. Still looking for a way to activate the watch tile which allows on demand blood oxgen readings.

*csc
0 Likes