Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Gear Fit2 Pro won't turn on

(Topic created on: 06-18-2020 10:02 AM)
Kaybe
Active Level 3
Options
Wearables
Hi. Before the lockdown my Gear Fit2 Pro strap broke. I couldn't use the watch so I put it away. When e-commerce resumed, I bought a new strap and fitted it. I tried turning the watch in and it wouldn't boot up. It shows the Galaxy Gear Fit2Pro screen and nothing happens. I charged it for 48 hours and rebooted the watch but it still wouldn't go on. I asked Samsung for Service and they recommended I visit a service center. At Vodacom, the consultant at Vodacom said I had voided my warranty because of the was not the original strap and the watch frame had some scratches. 

I would like to know, how does a scratch affect software? How does the strap, which is not covered by the warranty, void my warranty? Has anyone experienced the same problem and how did you solve it? My warranty expires on the 18th of June🙆🏻‍♂️
9 Comments
Solution
AndroidAuto
Active Level 6
Wearables
the reason why your device went completely off is only related to your battery life. lithium batteries tend to die off when seated for a long time without charge, you can google the forums on lithium batteries. as a Samsung tech, I am for sure certain that your watch requires a new battery replacement. the consultant at Vodacom mislead you over the warranty cover. Samsung Watches/wearables have a 1 year manufacturers warranty. scratches do affect your warranty only if there is evidence of tempering with the internal components of the device. Samsung does acknowledge user wearing of the device due to use but if your device is still in warranty, you can make the claim directly with the Samsung call center
Kaybe
Active Level 3
Wearables
I'm not disregarding your advice but I failed to mention that the watch shows the "Galaxy Gear Fit2Pro" start screen and nothing happens.
0 Likes
Solution
AndroidAuto
Active Level 6
Wearables
ok, in that case you just need to reboot it. hold the power and back button at the sametime for about 15 sec, then go to reset option using your back button to scroll down and power button to select. this might take a few tries before you successful. in a case that you give up, please visit mall of Africa and ask for Wyan, he will be able to get hold of me for remote support
Kaybe
Active Level 3
Wearables
Hey, so I tried rebooting the watch and still not getting anything. I will have to make that trip to Mall of Africa. Thank you once more, I appreciate it🙏🏼
0 Likes
Kaybe
Active Level 3
Wearables
hey, so I couldn't travel to Mall of Africa because I am in a different province. instead I couried the watch to a friend and he went there. I have a receipt of when I bought the watch and gave my friend all the necessary details. He was redirected to Samsung in Sandton

When he got to Samsung Sandton, they claimed that my warranty has expired and I would have to pay for the repairs. I asked him to get the proof as I have my invoice as my proof? I don't understand how the warranty duration works.
0 Likes
Kaybe
Active Level 3
Wearables
thank you, I will definitely do that tomorrow and tell you how it went
0 Likes
AndroidAuto
Active Level 6
Wearables
yoh welcome
0 Likes
AndroidAuto
Active Level 6
Wearables
the warranty duration for Samsung Wearable devices is 1 year. please email zaservice@samsung.com ask for Lorraine on your email. she will handle your case
Kaybe
Active Level 3
Wearables
so Samsung is going to fix my watch after all. Thank you for the advice and I appreciate your help. thank you once more👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼