Original topic:

Gear 3 battery life after latest update.

(Topic created on: 01-30-2018 08:39 PM)
JimmyA
Options
Wearables
Since the last software update of the gear s3, which is awesome, the battery is drastically draining, it's barely lasting 1 day while i used to get solid 2 days, sometimes 2.5 days for the past year.
I turned off the heart monitor, display brightness is set to 3, no voice calls, un installed unnecessary stuff, checked the usage, it says the watch face and s health are each using up to 25% knowing that the screen is most of the time off and all auto detections are off, very very bad. I keep on closing apps and refreshing ram to have nothing running in the background. It is now at 80% after 4 hrs of use, which is occasionally looking at the time.
9 Comments
kin1
Active Level 1
Wearables
i got the same problem except that my battery drains almost 40% after 4 hours.
any solutions so far ?
0 Likes
Wearables
Hey, well, none, i restarted it, battery consumption was better, every time i feel it's draining more than usual, i just restart it. Back to 2 days of battery life now.
0 Likes
Wearables
That is the support's reply regarding that matter. 158aa51a-3059-4ce9-ae7c-52b513938e0b.jpg
0 Likes
mHalawa
Beginner Level 5
Wearables
same here it only last for 5 hours max...done multiple rest and reinstalled the phone app still battery life very bad :(
0 Likes
Wearables
That is the support's reply regarding that matter. 590a848d-ef3e-4331-bb7c-3d2e1b44387b.jpg
0 Likes
kin1
Active Level 1
Wearables
i got the same response from them.
i restarted it.. all my apps were gone.
battery life improved one hour tops.
very bad and very disappointed cz now i dont use it anymore it is useless for less than one day use.
i will restart it few times more and will see. please update us for whoever have the same.issue
Wearables
I turned off half the features, no heart rate, no workout detection, no calls, wifi optional, brightness set to 4, and it's 2 days now max, but using it as a regular watch. A dumb watch actually.
0 Likes
kin1
Active Level 1
Wearables
well i didnt pay 380 dollars to look at the time.. i couldve got me a fancy watch instead.
shame on you samsung.
0 Likes
Wearables
Sent them the watch to fix the battery, they said nothing is wrong with it, collected it and updated the software, it suddenly got stuck in reboot mode, so i sent it again amd now got an140$ assessment that the pba and rear assy amd battery meed to be replaced. They didn't mention the battery when I first gave it to them, i don't trust the service center anymore and it's either the software update or the already damaged battery that fu**ed it up. Bunch of incompetent people, slowly becoming like apple.
0 Likes