Original topic:

Galaxy buds keeps disconnecting while calling

(Topic created on: 12-26-2019 03:13 PM)
Samsung_83CItRC
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

I am using my Galaxy buds SM-R170 with Galaxy A30 device and facing issue about frequent cut disconnect during call. While no issues during music, you tube etc. Already tried all the steps like reset both the devices, latest version of buds software etc but no use and the issue still exists. 

Please suggest some steps to resolve as it is very annoying.

0 Likes
4 Comments
Wearables
Galaxy buds have infra-red based proximity sensor to detect if they're in your ears. if you remove both of them while in a call, the sound will switch back to earpiece of the phone. this is the designed feature and quite helpful, but in your case maybe due to unusual ear shape or unfitting eartips and hooks/wings you are facing this problem.
solutions:
-Try better fitting eartips n hooks
-Always listen for the sound your earbuds make when they detect that they're inserted in the ear-canal for both ears.
-Update Samsung buds firmware
-Update Samsung Wearable app
-If the problem persists, try asking someone else to use your buds and see whether they face the same issue. this step is just to check if you have unusual ear canals such that buds can't detect whether they're inside the ears.
-if the problem persists go to service center.
0 Likes
Samsung_83CItRC
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
If the issue is due to unusual ear canals then the same should appear during use for other activities like music, you tube etc but it's not the case. It appears during the calls only. However rest of the steps you mentioned has been tried, no improvement.
0 Likes
Wearables
try this:
goto Settings>phone info
Tap on build number multiple times to enable developer options.
one enabled, goto
settings>developer options>Bluetooth codec> select SBC or Scalable, try which works better
0 Likes
Mharish
Active Level 1
Wearables
same problem with my buds tried changing codec but didint work.
0 Likes