Original topic:

Galaxy Watch Active 2 Music Player Broken?

(Topic created on: 04-24-2022 07:36 PM)
CCW
Active Level 1
Options
Wearables

A recent update seems to have caused disconnect on my Active 2 watch music player/controller.  I use four different audio listening apps on my phone, a Galaxy S20 FE 5G.  In the past, I could stop/start whichever one was currently active on my phone with my watch.  Now, I must reboot my phone each time I change players for the watch to control that player.  If I walk out of Bluetooth range and the watch disconnects, I must reboot my phone to get my watch to connect/control to the music player.  The watch itself connects/re-connects via Bluetooth without a problem.   A restart of the watch does not fix the problem.  The Music app  on the watch displays "Unknown" until I reboot my phone.  If I touch the "Open app" button at the bottom of the watch music player screen, then touch the three dots on the right, it displays a large Music Player button.  I can then scroll through the four audio/music players on my phone, but choosing the current player that is in use on my phone does nothing.  The watch Music Player screen still says "Unknown" and  with the small "Open app" button at the bottom.  Other functions between the phone and watch are working normally, notifications, fitness tracking (both Samsung Health and MapMyRun).

I don't know if the problem is on my phone or my watch.  Both devices show the firmware is up to date.  The Music app on my watch says it is up to date, version 2.4.57. 

Is anyone else experiencing this? This is the most used app on my phone, so without it, my Active 2 watch becomes, well, just a way to see what time it is.

If I am doing something wrong, can someone tell me how to reconnect my audio world?  Thank you!

10 Comments
Annfran25
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I am also dealing with this problem since last week.  i usually listen to pandora and also audible, but my watch no longer recognizes that i am trying to control the programs through the music player.  I wish they would hurry and fix this problem.

0 Likes
sothoms
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

Same issue with me.

With my old Galaxy Note 8, everything works fine.

With my new Note 10 plus I experienced the same problem. I tested also with galaxy watch 44mm and also works fine.

0 Likes
Sebbie
Active Level 8
Wearables
Same issue... when I listened to music suddenly will stop for a sec. Then it will play again.. its kinda anoying coz I thought Im recieving a message nor a call.. even I dont see the music 🎵 logo on from my watch while playing the music.. any solutions? Maybe need to update..
0 Likes
monthecelts
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I'm experiencing the same issue!

Annoying AF!

0 Likes
ohzon3
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

It is also happening on the Watch 4. Music player won't control any music app. I'm using a Pixel 6 Pro.

0 Likes
CCW
Active Level 1
Wearables

Does anyone know if Samsung monitors this forum?  This appears to be a purely Samsung problem with their watch, since it worked fine before and has now [recently] stopped working.  Is there a way to find out if this problem is on their defect list to be fixed?

0 Likes
CCW
Active Level 1
Wearables

The Samsung Watch team is listening!  (or one of their developers/product managers is an audiophile also.)  I received a watch update last night and it appears the problem is fixed.  I have been able to change between my many audio players and the watch switches to the currently active app.  (I can't speak for music players, as that is not my usual audio entertainment.)  Thank you, Samsung team.

sothoms
Beginner Level 4
Wearables

I confirm. Problem is fixed. Thank you samsung team but also thanks CCW for opening this thread.

0 Likes
CCW
Active Level 1
Wearables

It appears I spoke too soon.  The music player app on my Galaxy Active 2 watch worked for about a day, but now is back to the same behavior, unable to handle changes between audio apps on my Samsung S20 FE.  In addition, if the phone and watch are temporarily separated, the music player stays disconnected even when the watch reconnects.  Restarting my phone temporarily gets it working again.  The problem behavior is different, so something has changed.  After a reboot, I can switch between Smart Audiobook Player and YouTube Music on my phone, and the watch Music Player will control both.  I have not yet identified what actions cause the disconnect that reverts to the previous disconnected behavior.  Dear Samsung, please keep testing to find this behavior.

0 Likes