Original topic:

Galaxy Watch 4 update in India brings fix for bricking issue with Nov 2022 patch

(Topic created on: 11-30-2022 04:49 PM)
TheFastestIndian
Expert Level 5
Options
Wearables

Samsung rolled out a software update to the Galaxy Watch 4 series, but it had a major issue. Smartwatches running the new firmware wouldn’t turn on once they were turned off or ran out of battery. The company quickly recognized the issue and started rolling out a new update in the US to fix the problem. The same update is now rolling out to the Galaxy Watch 4 series in India.

The new software update for the Galaxy Watch 4 and the Galaxy Watch 4 Classic in India comes with the firmware version R8xxXXU1GVK4. Apart from offering a fix for the issue that could brick the smartwatches, the update also brings November 2022 security patch. Although the update claims to fix the bricking problem, a few users report that the issue continues to persist.

According to a few users on Reddit, Samsung is asking $72 to repair their bricked Galaxy Watch 4 if it is out of warranty. That is completely absurd, as Samsung’s own faulty software caused the issue. The service centers are unaware of the problem, and Samsung should release a directive to all its service centers worldwide to repair the Galaxy Watch 4 for free.
8 Comments
S-Don
Active Level 2
Wearables
The service center has no clue about this issue or it's fix and all they wanted was to bill me for checking the watch.
I am very disappointed and am ditching the Samsung ecosystem for good
Akki021293
Active Level 1
Wearables
It's time we raise our voices to samsung, any ideas on how to proceed? We have to demand them for a free repair for what they have done
Akki021293
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thank you!
Akki021293
Active Level 1
Wearables
Update : Raised the concern through the link, got call from concerned team and after diagnosing the watch, finally they decided it to repair the watch for free. Will update further
Akki021293
Active Level 1
Wearables
Finally recieved my watch today and they repaired it for free, it's running on software GVK4 version. Happy samsung took this decision!
Wearables
Good to hear this 👍🏻
recoanto
Active Level 1
Wearables
I'm with you
0 Likes