Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Pro 2021 Allergic reaction

(Topic created on: 06-08-2021 11:20 AM)
Wearables

I just got the Galaxy Buds Pro, they seem to be causing an allergic reaction in my ear. Has anyone else had this issue? 

I have been using all the versions of Galaxy Buds including first generation of Galaxy Buds, Buds Plus, live and Buds pro. 

This is the first time I'm getting an allergic reaction. I stopped using it for a week and the reaction is gone. I cleaned the Buds tip with alcoholic solution and used it for an hour and the reaction is back. I repeated it a couple of times in a month and upon checking I found the below thread and looks like am not alone here.. Anyone else here faced the same issue? Any possible fix?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Buds/Galaxy-Buds-Pro-tips-allergic-reaction/m-p/1762438

I believe it's the tip of the buds that are causing the problem, not bulk of the speaker housing. 

Wearables
It took me a month to realise that it's the buds that's causing the ear infection 🙃 .. visited the doctor twice, he gave me ear drops and some ointment and it worked.. started using the buds again and later after a research I found that Galaxy buds pro is the culprit and stopped using it.. Back to last yeara buds plus and it works perfectly fine..
0 Likes
Bbiju
Active Level 1
Wearables
Same here. It took a long time to find the cause
0 Likes
UserAdik12
Expert Level 3
Wearables
I don't know but I tried my best to help you if you have another bluetooth earphone maybe try that because right now I don't thing as per me I not the expert but as per me for you I think that use a different earphone don't use Galaxy buds for now I am sorry but I have my best to help you nothing you can last thing you can do it just pray!
Alphazor007
Active Level 8
Wearables
Hey... the tips used in the Ear buds are made from genuine materials. I have heard that earbuds cause infections when it is shared with other people and also when the tip doesn't fit your ears properly. Try cleaning the tip of the ear buds using any alcohol based antiseptic or sanitizer and try to get the right size of the earbud tip that suit your ears.
0 Likes
Wearables
I tried all the possibilities and it keeps coming back 😪
0 Likes
Doub1ex
Active Level 5
Wearables
Me same, I'm even bought new tips on Amazon cost me 70aed but still my ears are allergic. No matter how many min I use, my ears will become watery. Very nasty. Don't know what to do. What do you think?
0 Likes
Doub1ex
Active Level 5
Wearables
So my opinion is matter of the buds, not the tips. Because I try use buds without tips, also same allergic. I think we are both have allergic bodytype.
Wearables
Agree 100%.. its confirmed that Galaxy buds pro has some serious issues and alot of customers has returned the buds in other countries. Its faulty. I'm back to my Galaxy buds plus and ear infection is gone.
0 Likes
Doub1ex
Active Level 5
Wearables
I try to visit the customer care center, but they said never received any complain about it. So bad if Samsung UAE didn't do anything.
Wearables
Samsung officially responded and said they have used the best quality materials which went through extensive quality tests etc. Most likely they will change the materials in the next model.
0 Likes