Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Pro 2021 Allergic reaction

(Topic created on: 05-19-2021 08:44 AM)
Wearables

I just got the Galaxy Buds Pro, they seem to be causing an allergic reaction in my ear. Has anyone else had this issue? 

I have been using all the versions of Galaxy Buds including first generation of Galaxy Buds, Buds Plus, live and Buds pro. 

This is the first time I'm getting an allergic reaction. I stopped using it for a week and the reaction is gone. I cleaned the Buds tip with alcoholic solution and used it for an hour and the reaction is back. I repeated it a couple of times in a month and upon checking I found the below thread and looks like am not alone here.. Anyone else here faced the same issue? Any possible fix?

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-Buds/Galaxy-Buds-Pro-tips-allergic-reaction/m-p/1762438

I believe it's the tip of the buds that are causing the problem, not bulk of the speaker housing. 

22 Comments
UserAdik12
Expert Level 3
Wearables
The first best thing you need to do check with your doctor at least online by doing a audio and voice call or chat or massage or do a video call because most of the doctor will be PC with covid-19 patients
0 Likes
Wearables
I did the same already.. I consulted with a doctor and he prescribed ear drops and I was fine after a few days.. I stopped using the buds for a while and the infection is gone and I used it again later and got the infection back..
UserAdik12
Expert Level 3
Wearables
The thing after that is do a live chat with Samsung Middle East
0 Likes
Wearables
I did the same and they asked to go to a service center. I will visit the service center for sure, however am quite sure that the maximum they will do is, sanitize my ear buds for free.. I just wanted to check if anyone else from this region is having the same issue.. thank you for your response
Bbiju
Active Level 1
Wearables
Yes I do
0 Likes
Wearables
I'm sorry to hear that.. So many people are affected..
0 Likes
Bbiju
Active Level 1
Wearables
The problem is, I can't even use the normal earphones. S21 ultra 5 g doesn't have port for earphones.
0 Likes
Wearables
Am using Galaxy Buds plus, last years model and it work fine, no infections. Please try that and alternatively you can use normal wired headphones .. Try the USB-C type headphones..
https://www.noon.com/en-ae/type-c-in-ear-earphone-with-microphone-black/N32551610A/p?utm_source=C100...
0 Likes
Bbiju
Active Level 1
Wearables
Thank You for sharing.
I am using fucicort ointment for the ear.😊
0 Likes