Original topic:

Galaxy Buds Live | Is it worth the purchase in 2022?

(Topic created on: 10-06-2022 11:30 PM)
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Options
Wearables
Hey everyone, Anik this side! Today, let's talk about a product that was launched in 2020. That's right, we are going to talk about a product 2 years after its release!

LONG POST ALERT ⚠️ 

I am of course, talking about the Galaxy Beans *ahm*, sorry my bad, the Galaxy Buds Live. We are going to see how well it holds up in 2022. Let's dig in, shall we?

Alright, first, let me answer a question which you all are going to ask. Why Buds Live in 2022 while there are other options like the Buds2 or Buds2 Pro? Well, the answer is simple. The price. I purchased the Galaxy Buds Live for just ₹ 3,990! That's right, at just 4k. Which, in my opinion, is an absolutely fantastic deal.

Let's break this post into several points:

1. THE PACKAGING: The Buds Live comes in a charging case, accompanied with a USB Type-A to Type-C cable (C to C would have been better), and a pair of large wingtips, while the small ones are already attached to the pair. There is also a warranty booklet and a product manual for easy reference.

2. COMFORT: Galaxy Buds Live are hands down the BEST when it comes to comfort. The silicone tips of other earbuds just don't cut it with comfort. And if you have large sized ears, these will feel like they are not even there!

WARNING: GALAXY BUDS LIVE WILL NOT FIT SMALL SIZED EARS. DO NOT PURCHASE ONLINE IF YOU HAVE SMALL EARS. VISIT A RETAIL STORE AND TRY IT ON BEFORE BUYING.

3. CHARGING & BATTERY: The charging speeds are rather fast (even though the case charges apparently at 2.5 watts). The earbuds will also charge pretty quickly. And no, contrary to what Samsung says, 5 minutes of charge will not last you an hour. It will last you somewhere between 30 to 45 minutes. The case takes somewhere in the neighborhood of 45 minutes to charge, while I am yet to test the charging of the buds from 0 to 100%.

4. FEATURES: The Galaxy Buds Live comes with a plethora of features like
  • Active Noise Cancelation (ANC): It is next to nothing on the Buds Live, simply because they don't have silicone tips and don't form a seal around your ear canal.
  • 360 Audio: Yes, the Galaxy Buds Live does support 360 audio, and this feature depends on whether you like it or not. I personally don't really use it, but its cool nevertheless. 
  • Touch Controls: You have to get used to the point of touch to accurately hit it everytime. Works 100% of the times if you hit the right spot.
  • Labs: Labs only has one useful feature, gaming mode. And yes, it does work. The latency in-game gets massively reduced.
5. AUDIO QUALITY: The audio quality on these two are absolutely fantastic. Like really really good. It is something you would expect from Samsung earbuds. The bass is really good, and so is the treble. And it supports Samsung Scalable Codec, which makes it even better!

6. CONNECTIVITY: Galaxy Buds Live uses Bluetooth 5.0 and supports Samsung's nearby device scanning feature. The buds will pop up on nearby Galaxy devices even with Bluetooth turned off. And you can use the Galaxy Wearable app to manage the buds further.

FINAL VERDICT: Galaxy Buds Live, if you get it for ₹ 3,990, it is an absolutely amazing deal and nothing can beat these in that price, except for that ANC thing. These are still available for the aforementioned price on Amazon [as of writing this post, 06/10/2022], so, go get it now!

So, that was all. Do you have any questions? Did I miss something? Hit me up in the comments and I will go through them! Till then, this is Anik, and I'm signing off. Take care everyone!

3 Comments
Wearables
Yes 100% agree I also got these in Black 🖤
Wearables
Nice post 👍
Argharoy01
Beginner Level 2
Wearables
Sometimes, I feel like it's not even there. This design is specially made for comfort. I'm waiting for its next version to purchase again.