Original topic:

Galaxy Buds: Exceptionally bad call quality

(Topic created on: 03-17-2019 11:23 AM)
AravindVaidhyanathan
Beginner Level 3
Options
Wearables
Hi,

I was one of the ardent Samsung fans who was eagerly waiting for the Galaxy Buds after it was being promoted as the best wireless ear buds for calls and that the person on the other end will be able to hear the voice through the ear buds without an issue, unlike other existing ear buds. The reason and the claim being that it has two mics and at noisy environments, it would automatically switch to the inner mic, thereby isolating the noise from being heard by the person on the other end.

I am now extremely disappointed that this was nothing more than a promotional gimmick. The reality is that, the quality of the voice  picked by the ear buds is outrageously bad and is nothing more than gibberish for the person hearing it on the other end. This is really worse on Samsung's part to attract people by promoting something as being exceptionally good when it's actually, completely worse in reality.

I was riding throughout my city in Chennai, India, to all stores to find one that has a demo Galaxy Buds to test the call quality but didn't find a single store that offered a demo of Galaxy Buds, though all stores had demo devices for all other devices that were announced in the same event. This is a very clever move by Samsung to create pre-release hype through reviews and not providing demo of the product in any store to mislead customers to buy the product by just believing the positive(probably paid) reviews.

I haven't recorded a call for myself but here is a video that exposes the actual call quality of Galaxy Buds, which is exactly the same in my case.

Check this video for the real call quality(from 17:16):
https://youtu.be/dP1PL_1CEoM

Very disappointed Samsung! I spent months testing almost every ear buds in the market for good call quality and not buying any as I experienced them to be really bad, personally.

But being an ardent fan of Samsung and it's Galaxy line of products, I made one of the huge mistakes of my lifetime by buying the Galaxy Buds solely by trusting Samsung's claims and the positive reviews on the web.

That said, the Audio Quality is excellent and definitely worth it. But I already have a wired AKG headset that I got along with the Note 9 which is similar in terms of Audio Quality. The only reason I bought the Galaxy Buds was for using it for calls and it's definitely a big time loss for me.

Correct your mistakes and stop misleading your fans, Samsung!

Thumbs Down, for the first time! 👎
0 Likes
4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Wearables
yes you're 100% correct. call quality is very very bad. total of 4 mic. useless. I'm using amkette's urban X which has only one mic which gives excellent call quality. Samsung really cheating. in other countries they given the buds as free. but in India they selling it for 3000. Even I totally disappointed with the device. If I bought thro Amazon then we can return it back. but Samsung will not take it back though the product doesn't stand as per their fake advertising strategy.
0 Likes
gakshat14
Active Level 6
Wearables
I have Gear Icon X and the call quality is very good. I'm not sure as to why it was like this for you.

Can you please try resetting the device and I know how frustrated you are we all have been there.
0 Likes
Wearables
gakshat14

It's nothing to do with the device's state. That's a design flaw with the Galaxy Buds. Check the quality of the voice call in the video. That's exactly how it is on my Galaxy Buds as well. Literally, nothing is understandable. My family and friends started getting pissed off every time I talk to them over the Galaxy Buds.

The audio quality is good, I agree. But Samsung should have restrained themselves from advertising about the clear voice calls in this product, as that is definitely not the case with the Galaxy Buds. The purpose of my purchase has gone completely waste.
0 Likes
Srg007
Active Level 3
Wearables
I agree with you same here bro I can feel you
0 Likes