Original topic:

Galaxy Airpods for Turban Wearing Sikhs

(Topic created on: 09-23-2021 03:56 PM)
rs2711
Beginner Level 3
Options
Wearables
Hi Samsung, 

I don't know if this will be considered or not but still I am posting here about a genuine realtime issue that pushes a lot of Samsung lovers towards iPhones. I am a turban wearing Sikh. I tie my turban covering my ears. So it gets very annoying to wear any wearable earbuds available these days because I have to lift my turban to uncover my ears and then re-cover after wearing the earbuds. The earbuds like Galaxy buds, Galaxy live or any in-ear type available in the market pose this annoyance. 

However, there is only one shape of wireless earbuds available which is very convenient to wear for people who tie turbans I.e. Apple Airpods. The original ones. They can simply be slided into the ears under the turban without even lifting my turban. 

Because such changes need some case study. I can share that almost everyone in my family and friends who used to be Android users mostly Samsung Galaxy users moved away to iPhone and Airpods. I know that it is possible to use Apple Airpods with any Android phone but that doesn't provide a complete ecosystem. They just work as a connected earphones, no other features like you can track them or check their battery on the phone. Like you usually can do with any Galaxy Wearable in SmartThings app. 

I owned Galaxy buds Galaxy buds Live but I had to step away from them because of the mentioned inconvenience. I am currently using Apple Airpods to avoid the annoyance. But let me tell you, using Airpods on Android phones really pushes me away from Android and towards iPhones. This is a real issue. And you can imagine that all turban wearing Sikhs leaving Samsung for iPhones because of this problem. 

Now, you are a big company and it is not a big deal for you to fireup a survey to capture peoples thoughts. The solution I am looking here is that provide us some Galaxy earbuds in Apple Airpods shape with all the Galaxy wearable features. I promise that will really save a big number of people from leaving Samsung for iPhones and Airpods.

Thanks.

Guys, please post your thoughts in the comments if this is relatable to you.
1 Comment
Jaskaran Singh
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I am so surprised to find out that there is a platform on samsung to give reviews. 

This is the same problem every Sikh Brother I know. They all switched to Apple, even when it is expensive for them as conpared to Samsung just because They couldn't bear the ear-ache they were facing due to Galaxy Buds. 

Even I am a Sikh with Turban and faced the same problem, I literally just gave away my Galaxy Buds and chose to buy 2 Airpods (Gen II).

I still use Samsung Android, but just because of this issue, it seems like I will have to switch to Apple too. And I personally don't like how Apple devices work. I mean I am the last person in my friends who still have Android. 

And I am habitual of being asked " dude you use android! Don't your ears ache with their buds?" And I get to tell them that I use Airpods with Android.

(Kinda hurting the Company I love, so show our Community some love too please!!)

0 Likes