Original topic:

Galaxy Active Watch 2 - Back Lid Came Off

(Topic created on: 05-31-2021 06:13 PM)
Armaan Gohil
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

I have been using my galaxy watch active 2 for about 11 months. Recently while sitting, I saw that the back lid of the sensor was coming off. After 1-2 hours the watch showed that it was over heating and needs to shut down. I went to the service center the day after. They said the lid came off due to accidental damage. I showed them that it has no other scratch, how can an accident just make the lid come off. Then they said due to in the sensor part, the watch won't charge. But plugged in the charger and it charged too. Finally he said something like we need to pay 50% of the amount for warranty. So can't be sent for warranty.

Then they told me to call technical support and they suggested me to consult some other Samsung service center. (I don't know why?) 

Went to another one. They told me that the use of sanitizer has led to the back lid detachment. Hence, it is an accidental damage. So the use of sanitizer was too much for the watch to handle? They are asking for a premium amount to fix it.

I don't know what to do? Anyone else share there experience for how to correct this? Any one with good 3rd party fixes? Can you guys please share your happenings.

3 Comments
Wearables
Hi. Can u send a photo of the issue, maybe then some fixes can be looked.
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Wearables

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
RichT
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

I have the same issue.  I called Samsung service and sent them a picture of my watch and they said that it was broken by me per the picture.  I told them what they were looking at was the residue from the tape I used to keep the back on while I was traveling.  I cleaned off the residue and sent another picture.  They then accused me of breaking it.  They said if I want it fixed I would have to pay shipping and handling both ways and a service charge for fixing it.  They said the "estimate" was $75 plus the freight both ways.  That's crazy.  It fell off.  Plain and simple.  They will not stand behind their products.  I did not send it back as I can buy a new one and put the approx. $100 towards that purchase.  Samsung did not used to be this way!

0 Likes