Original topic:

Don't buy Samsung

(Topic created on: 10-20-2021 02:13 AM)
Mumbeldee
Beginner Level 2
Options
Wearables

My watch active exploded on my arm last February (luckily I didn't get hurt). At the time my watch was still in warrenty. When I contacted customer service they booked it in for a repair but my watch was never collected. When I contacted cm service again I was told it was due to COVID and I was advised to book it in again. 7 times Samsung attempted to send my watch to the service centre. 7 times they failed only to find out that apparently nobody was able to put my address in correctly. 

When my watch was finally collected the service centre informed me, that my watch apparently had water damage. I never worn my watch in the water unless that would include washing my hands or rain but they advertise that the watch is water resistant so this should not be a problem at all. 

The repair was supposed to be £290 when a brand new watch would only cost £170. So I asked for the watch to be returned to me. 

When I received my watch I realised they had damaged the back of m watch with a sharp tool as that left scratched on my watch and also there was a massive hole in the back of my watch. 

I contacted cm aervis and was told to take pictures and send them in for investigation.

I did this and heard nothing for weeks again. So I regularly checked in via FB messenger until suddenly I was told that apparently I was called 3 days before and was told they would send me the missing plastic bit to cover the hole on my watch and that they  have now closed the case. 

I did not receive this phone call and I would not have agreed to this solution. Even with a new cover my watch still has scratches. 

They have made it impossible to have my watch repaired elsewhere. 

When I called customer service again they had the cheek to even lie an say apparently the watch arrived at the service with the hole in the back. Apparently they have photo evidence. When I asked for this evidence I was told she could not provide this to me. I pointed out to her that my service notes say nothing about a hole and only say there was liquid damage. 

I have written to BBC watchdog and will seek legal action. 

Samsung does not care for their customers. The way they treat people is disgusting. 

0 Likes
4 Comments
shiv7688
Active Level 7
Wearables
I can understand your situation but can't understand how you are not hurt though it exploded in your wrist. Please defend your first statement.
0 Likes
Wearables
you were so lucky
0 Likes
Wearables
and good luck
0 Likes
NimeshC
Active Level 1
Wearables
You are true that Samsung never cares their customers..
0 Likes