Original topic:

Can't register Galaxy watch 4

(Topic created on: 02-09-2022 06:48 PM)
Sidath8
Active Level 4
Options
Wearables

I have purchased galaxy watch 4 and it is not allowing to add to Samsung account. Getting error "This is not a valid model". What can I do now?

Screenshot_116.png

7 Comments
Wearables
Hi... First try to update your galaxy wearable app if there is any update. Then reset the watch and try again. Still have the issue, try add your device to Galaxy Members app.(open samsung members app-> Get help-> register) Then start the diagnose the issue from there. But still you have the issue, contact a samsung service center.Screenshot_20220209-005210_Samsung Members.jpg
GAJAN_Rajasek
Expert Level 5
Wearables
Hey,
1st check any update for your wearable.
Then reboot that.
Now open samsung members.
Then tab Get Help and again tab to +Register.
Other steps are below in screen shots.

Lastly type device details and register that.
Now go back the main page.
Open Get Help and tab to my products.
Then tab to ur wearable.
Now diagnosed that.

Thank you 😊Screenshot_20220209-064105_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20220209-064133_Samsung Members.jpgScreenshot_20220209-064139_Samsung Members.jpg
Sidath8
Active Level 4
Wearables

Done all of this. But still not allowing to add. Same error. 

Dchandimal
Active Level 5
Wearables
Is it brand new.? If it's a repaired watch,it may cause the problem.
Sidath8
Active Level 4
Wearables

Yes, purchased Brand new.

0 Likes
galaxyandbeyond
Beginner Level 2
Wearables

Do you know the solution of getting a repaired watch registered? After Samsung replaced the motherboard it won't let me fully register in the members app without an IMEI or MEID number, even though I'm using the bluetooth version.

0 Likes
Bolldude
Beginner Level 3
Wearables

I have the exact same issue and still try to figure out, what's wrong. I just wanted to report a bug and therefore I need to register my GW4 in Samsung Members but it's always telling me, that my Modelnumber etc. is wrong. I bought it new and still have the package with all the numbers that I need.

Strangely, under settings on my watch, there is no IMEI Number...but it's on a sticker on the box and the serialnumber on those Stickers on the box etc. is matching with the the serialnumber in the watches software. But the IMEI is missing in the software of the watch. 🤔