Original topic:

Activation of blood oxygen measurement in watches for India

(Topic created on: 04-28-2021 02:58 PM)
Mael
Active Level 2
Options
Wearables
Dear all,

As everyone is aware of situation of pandemic in India, I believe samsung galaxy active and samsung watch 3 have all the necessary sensors to have measurement of blood oxygen.

In wake of this I would urge samsung to release a patch to allow it to be activated as it was done already for many European and IS countries urgently.

Regards

5 Comments
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Wearables
I thought this feature is already available in watch 3, active.
Are you sure ?
0 Likes
Mael
Active Level 2
Wearables
Timon, today this feature is not activated for India users and few other countries despite sensor being ready to provide. I understand this is a software update that needs to be deploued along with government agreement.

If there is any way to do for these watch, request anyone to share it here the steps.
KhushallShah
Active Level 4
Wearables
Hey, it is activated in India.
There is a SPO2 option in the Samsung health app on the watch, please give it a look.
0 Likes
GauravMahajan
Beginner Level 3
Wearables
Which mobile & watch you are using
0 Likes
Mael
Active Level 2
Wearables
Thanks khushallshah
There is an option in the health app, but not in the Active 2 which I am possessing. EkG and blood pressure are also supposedly available but do not work.
Request Samsung to comment.
There is also just a parallel thread started on same.

Samsung India is investing in India on manufacturing, should really see if they can help on releasing these functionalities asap...
0 Likes