cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Want to solve heating problems of yours, Read Carefully !!!

(Topic created on: 10-29-2020 11:08 PM)
Rituraj_M50
Active Level 3
Options
Tips
Hey, Here I would let you know many things regarding the Samsung S20 Series and Some of the Tips will be adequately applicable to the other Devices.

First of all you need performance but the major issue with samsung flagship is heating and its obvious samsung can't give the effective cooling system as gaming phones as its meant to be a Water and Dust Resistant Phone. So that the reason of Heating it's not about the Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 or any system optimisation it's basically nature of samsung flagships, They tend to make phone slimmer and better feeling.

If someone wanna play high graphics demanding games then it's not a good option to buy a samsung flagship. As Samsung Flagships are meant to be Professional and Secure and Satisfy all the Day to Day task.

When we look at the major community using the flagship devices, they are professional and don't devote a hefty time in gaming as it's just for fun.

If you play a game normally for 30 mins to 1 hour it's not an issue. You would feel quite great. COD Mobile (High Graphics and Max FPS) then you would get almost 55-60 FPS, I know it's not constant FPS but not bad the game it's still very enjoyable.

The main reason for heating of devices is that we live in INDIA, Here the Ambient temperatures in many regions are very hot reaches even 46-50 °C, But the company claims that it should be 10° - 35°C.

Think from mind, If ambient room temperature is higher than 30°C then how can you think of getting your phone cool.

TIPS - 1. Use your phone in AC Room if Possible or Keep it in a cooler room.

2. When doing heavy task, reduce the framerate to 60 as major apps are all 60Hz Supported.

3.Clean Ram 4-5 times a day or even more.
10 Comments
Krishna169
Active Level 3
Tips
we are using other brands phone in the same conditions and they are not overheating like this.
0 Likes
Rituraj_M50
Active Level 3
Tips
Hey You are right but still we can't compare different brands, Different brands have different problems with there products and Samsung can't provide a vapour cooling system like the gaming phones as then we would not get the IP68 Certification. If you don't know even the Oneplus 8 Pro faced heating issue and display issues so it's pretty normal. As such I had not feeled such heating on my device so maybe it's present in many devices but for me it's working great.
0 Likes
vic90
Active Level 3
Tips
Lol bro..! Don't justify the bad decisions and products of Samsung. A phone with Snapdragon 855/855+/865 even 845 fares better in terms of consistency in performance at the same ambient temperature. 'Samsung flagships are for professionals and they dont play games'. This is the most ignorant and hilarious statement i have heard in a long time. How can you say that.? have you conducted any study or talked to professionals regarding their phone usage.? Most probably, NO.
samsung needs to know that they have faulted for betterment of their future products.. This phone struggles even after 15 minutes of gameplay and this is ridiculous for a 'flagship'.
0 Likes
Rituraj_M50
Active Level 3
Tips
You're absolutely right at your point but bro think this is just like every brand misses something or the other, Oneplus Gives you Better Battery Life and Performance but camera quality lacks there, Samsung Gives you Better Design, One UI is Good For Sure and Camera is Awesome but lacks performance, similarly Apple IPhone are God of Performance, Battery Life and Camera but still lacks Display Resolution and Charger in the box.Its like different phones are there for different needs, for me I sometimes play games and the performance is quite good I am not seeing any considerable Frame Drops and Mine main need is the Camera so I have chosen this phone over the Oneplus 8 Pro which is a Good Option.
0 Likes
vic90
Active Level 3
Tips
Performance is definitely good for day to day activities. Because my last phone was OP 7T, i can feel the difference even in general usage. also, the same device uses SD 865 in other markets but not in india, eu or canada. How do they even make these decisions .? UI is a mixed bag. it is smooth but not as snappy or intuitive as Oxygen OS or stock android but definitely have more features. Overall, i would say S20 series doesn't feel like a flagship. It lacks in important areas. I bought this because i am not buying a chinese smartphone again and iphones are ridiculously higher priced in indian market. I hope for a better performance from the S21s next year.. lets see if samsung learns its lessons..
0 Likes
Rituraj_M50
Active Level 3
Tips
Samsung is bound to do that as I United States and Canada there country regulations only allow Qualcomm Chipsets to be used in these Phones. If samsung have to sell those phones in these country they have to do that for sure it's obvious that the premium phone sales in these country is much more than any other country in the world. So Oxygen OS is Fast for sure as Oneplus only focuses on the smoothness and Performance whereas in long term it's better to have a balance of both to keep the phone running great even after 2 years.Samsung Does this optimisation accordingly to lower the Phones temperature.Even Oneplus Phones Sometimes get very hot it's reported by many users so we can't say anything about the heating it's very natural thing which will happen when you use heavy apps and graphic intensive games. Do you know that the latest Oxygen OS 11 had copied most of the UI from Samsung One UI it's better for one handed use now.By selling the Exynos Variant in other countries is the only way to gain market share as much of the market share goes to Qualcomm.Exynos 990 is a very capable processor but samsung has restricted its performance for majorly Two reasons - 1.Battery Life will be very very less if they allow to overclock the chip which is not required by many people out there and 2. Samsung Optimization ensures that the device temperature be in control.In my case which playing COD Mobile in High Graphics and Max FPS I have noticed a thing that after reaching 42°C the temperature stopped at that temperature and no more rise is seen. Then the FPS drops starts to occur.
0 Likes
vic90
Active Level 3
Tips
lets agree to disagree here man.. Exynos 990 is capable only for initial 20-30 minutes. Thermal throttling is real in this device and even UI starts to stutter after continuous use. My cousin has OP 8 pro and i have tested the new Oxygen OS also.. it definitely looks like One UI now but everything else is still like previous versions. it still feels very smooth. Samsung S20 series with SD 865 also performs quite well, even in gaming as told by many tech reviewers.. Samsung's Mongoose cores aren't that efficient. What i have heard from the leaks , they are going to use only cortex cores in exynos 2100. Even they know that they have made a mistake..
0 Likes
Rituraj_M50
Active Level 3
Tips
We can just hope in this case as for samsung it's a bold decision to stop using these exynos chips in smartphones. Hey I think that Samsung should release two variants of the same device one gaming oriented and other specific to general purposes unlike the samsung s20 FE that's just a Fan Edition. They should launch something like Game Edition of the flagships.
IndiaBetaTeam
Options
Tips

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

If the issue still persists, kindly send system log file using Samsung member application i.e. Samsung member BETA app > BETA feedback > Send feedback > Error report > Collect log files > attach.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes