Original topic:

wifi

(Topic created on: 01-05-2021 07:37 AM)
hrithsaha
Active Level 7
Options
Tech Talk
I want to Know that Is anybody Use my Hotspot Wifi without password? By Any WPS App?
0 Likes
14 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
No
0 Likes
hrithsaha
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
how can you Confirm?
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
WPS function need to be turned on by your phone then only any device can connect to your phone's hotspot.

And as I know mobile hotspot doesn't have wps function.
0 Likes
hrithsaha
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
my security is WPA2
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
WPS

Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a feature supplied with many routers. It is designed to make the process of connecting to a secure wireless network from a computer or other device easier.

NOTE: Some manufactures may use the following terms instead of WPS (Push Button) to describe this function.

Wi-Fi Simple Config
Push 'n' Connect
PBC
Quick Secure Setup (QSS)

WPA2

Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2), and Wi-Fi Protected Access 3 (WPA3) are the three security and security certification programs developed by the Wi-Fi Alliance to secure wireless computer networks. The Alliance defined these in response to serious weaknesses researchers had found in the previous system, Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP).

WPA (sometimes referred to as the draft IEEE 802.11i standard) became available in 2003. The Wi-Fi Alliance intended it as an intermediate measure in anticipation of the availability of the more secure and complex WPA2, which became available in 2004 and is a common shorthand for the full IEEE 802.11i (or IEEE 802.11i-2004) standard.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
If you are using any physical hotspot with wps button. then it is possible to connect to your wifi hotspot without password when you must have to press WPS button on your device.

Device means routers, hotspots or any kind of device which is having wps button.
hrithsaha
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
i connect with my Mobile Hotspot not any Physically Hotspot..
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
WPA

Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA), Wi-Fi Protected Access II (WPA2), and Wi-Fi Protected Access 3 (WPA3) are the three security and security certification programs developed by the Wi-Fi Alliance to secure wireless computer networks. The Alliance defined these in response to serious weaknesses researchers had found in the previous system, Wired Equivalent Privacy (WEP).

WPA (sometimes referred to as the draft IEEE 802.11i standard) became available in 2003. The Wi-Fi Alliance intended it as an intermediate measure in anticipation of the availability of the more secure and complex WPA2, which became available in 2004 and is a common shorthand for the full IEEE 802.11i (or IEEE 802.11i-2004) standard.

In January 2018, Wi-Fi Alliance announced the release of WPA3 with several security improvements over WPA2

WPS

Wi-Fi Protected Setup (WPS) is a feature supplied with many routers. It is designed to make the process of connecting to a secure wireless network from a computer or other device easier.

NOTE: Some manufactures may use the following terms instead of WPS (Push Button) to describe this function.

Wi-Fi Simple Config

Push 'n' Connect

PBC

Quick Secure Setup (QSS)

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
WPA

In January 2018, Wi-Fi Alliance announced the release of WPA3 with several security improvements over WPA2
0 Likes