Original topic:

watch !!!! yourself

(Topic created on: 03-27-2020 09:15 PM)
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Options
Tech Talk

Electrocardiogram feature on Galaxy Watch Active2 delayed

The Samsung Galaxy Watch Active2 was released back in September of 2019 with the needed sensors to deliver electrocardiograms, but with the promise that the ECG feature itself would be activated sometime by the end of the first quarter of 2020.

Now that the timeframe has almost passed, the person in charge of the ECG feature on the Galaxy Watch Active2 confirmed that the feature is still in development and will arrive at some point.

No new update date was provided.

An ECG is a test that measures the electrical activity of the heartbeat. It can tell doctors if the heartbeat is irregular or if any part of the heart is overgrown or overworked.

The Apple Watch Series 4 and 5 were the first mainstream smartwatches to feature an ECG and later on smart watches from other makers included the tech to perform an ECG - Samsung's Watch Active2, the Xiaomi Smart Watch 2 ECG Edition, the Oppo Watch and the Withings ScanWatch among others.

0 Likes
10 Comments
rishibhasin
Active Level 5
Tech Talk
its not gonna come till end of year and may be vanish like samsung pay on galaxy watches
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
I guess that was good because of security reasons pay was removed from watches pay should remain in phone where biometrics are and not in phone as its insecure
0 Likes
rishibhasin
Active Level 5
Tech Talk
i had dubai version of gear watch and spay worked on watch was amazing and secured via pin
0 Likes
rishibhasin
Active Level 5
Tech Talk
and in all my thing is dont promise and advertise for selling which cant be done
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
even you see here we have Exynos but only USA gets Snapdragon very unfair but what to do the software in s20 ultra there has backup of SNAPDRAGON so it's fast and doesn't lag or freeze up but here Exynos can't take load of ultra camera software and also we don't have 5g so software is crippled
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
even you see we get baseline s20 ultra because I feel such heavy software one ui 2 needs faster chips as Snapdragon and higher ram to run up apps frequently used because in USA you have 16gb/512gb version whereas everywhere else 128gb/12gb a quarter of space internal is there even note 10 plus 12gb/512gb here in india performs better that 128gb s20 ultra I mean even though the camera only camera system is the best I feel is crippled because it isn't running to full potential hence image processing lags and hence overheats system internals👎👎👎🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
I know different versions of phones and smart watch all round the globe are sold even so a50 in India and in Korea have different versions of one ui 2 former is Feb version and later March so maybe in india carruing your credit card clipped to ur shirt is not good as in watch but in Dubai laws are so strict no body dare touch your pocket or else lose their hands and besides app versions depend on economy of country Dubai is fashion and tech rich city while is still struggling in economic development so some services maybe a comfort in Dubai but in india we get what you may call and I say this for all companies investing in India give baseline services
0 Likes
rishibhasin
Active Level 5
Tech Talk
sir all i meant was advertise whats there s20 ultra in India was told as no 5g,exynos processor,it wasnt hidden and choice was ours to buy....spay was majorly published as marketing tool whilst selling gear watch or a gimmick
0 Likes
hedgehog
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Hey I was wanting to know about the above comment apart from watch I know swatch is a gimmick apart from that
0 Likes