Original topic:

samsung 5g phone.

(Topic created on: 09-11-2020 12:08 AM)
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Options
Tech Talk
Friends, family clear one doubt plz read,

I was thinking that jio works on volte for 4g. Now for 5g they r developing VONR technology. On samsung phone under 5g there is 0 VONR TECHNOLOGY printed anywhere. Through some light and clear my doubt. As I was planning to buy a 5g phone or should I wait for the services to start first. 
8 Comments
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
Wait to start service first in India.
Given current situation with economy, COVID , I think 5G will take minimum 2 years to start. That too will be in big metro cities first.
Only reason to buy 5G phones in India could be if you travel internationally.
But this reason is also not applicable nowadays.
0 Likes
mukki123
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
you should wait till 5g coming on running process......
till that their is no sense to invest u r valuable money on that service which u can't use....
so wait
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
5g which phone you want to buy?
0 Likes
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Tech Talk
samsung only
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
go for s20fe
0 Likes
user20
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
5G right now is just like 4G was in 2011 or 2012. get my point? there wasnt vo lte back then so this VoNR or Vo5G whatever it is called on launch will be coming by 2024/25 so wait and invest on a good 4G phone maybe
0 Likes
user20
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
And to your question all existing 5G phones DO SUPPORT existing 4G/VoLTE services so if you're planning to buy a 5G phone, 5G will be available with existing VoLTE running on 4G. VoNR wont be available but yes you can still make calls on Jio. Its just like when we call from vodafone in my case i dont have volte on vodafone so it goes down to 3G for calling. I hope this clears your doubt
0 Likes
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Tech Talk
yeah now even I have given the hope of a 5g services to start soon in india. going through the scenario I doubt if govt will give spect for 5g soon.
hence planning for a good phone 4g yes but with at least good modem. 7ca type.
0 Likes