Original topic:

note

(Topic created on: 09-07-2020 11:41 PM)
surajitdas1
Active Level 1
Options
Tech Talk
I purchased this phone A21S just 7 days ago. Before that I was using J5 prime which I already sold. There I saved some inportant informations in samsung note which i did not copied when changed the phone. Please help me retrieve those files.
9 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
you only can do that if your previous samsung notes was synced with the account you used in j5 prime ... then you can retrieve it
0 Likes
surajitdas1
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
as I am not a phone addicted, I can't remember properly if I did this. but surprisingly, when I checked the new phone there was only one page present that was typed in my last phone. but others were not present.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
you only can retrieve it if you remember j5 prime samsung account + samsung note sync with samsung cloud of that device
0 Likes
Tech Talk
If you used the same samsung account in both phones. And you have backed up your data in that account. Only then you can retrieve it.
0 Likes
surajitdas1
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
I mean to say inside samsung notes
0 Likes
Tech Talk
you should login to your Samsung account and may be you already did it so just go for backup my files from settings
0 Likes
surajitdas1
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
let me be clear chronologically...

I can't recall the account details in my last phone...

there I just wrote in samsung notes....may be 6/7 notes...

but in new phone out of those notes only 1 was available automatically...

now my question is ,
if back up was not done in my old phone, then how that 1 note is available in the new phone ?

0 Likes
surajitdas1
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
bcoz without back up all the notes should be lost. But surprisingly one note was already there when purchased
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would like to inform you that please check if you have synced your data with your Gmail or Samsung account then you may retrieve your data. (Go to settings>>Accounts & backup>>Backup & restore>>Restore data).

However, if data has been lost accidentally and you have not taken any backup then there is no way to retrieve your data. For future we recommend you to take back up in phone.

Install Smart Switch App from Samsung galaxy Store.
Data backup process via 'Smart Switch Mobile App'>Open Smart Switch App >Click on Memory Card Icon >Backup option >Choose the data for Backup >Backup.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes