Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Water resistance ?

(Topic created on: 01-19-2023 08:44 PM)
garvitgoel_
Active Level 8
Options
Tech Talk
Do phone still remain water resistant after a hardware repair at a samsung service centre??

I got my s22 ultra screen changed 

6 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
_Sara_
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk
In warranty? If it's in warranty I think that they seal it as per IP68 if you changed it on payment idk if you had to specify the IP68 or not.

What issue you had with it, why needed to be changed?

View solution in context

Solution
Starshiv
Active Level 9
Tech Talk
It should be I guess.

You should had asked at the service center for best answer.

View solution in context

Solution
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
It should be. They claim to run it through some machine which will check for ip rating. However, no one can be sure.

Even without the repair it's risky to trust the ip rating as the warranty doesn't cover water damage, ironically!

View solution in context

Solution
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
It's Stable for 1.5mtr/30min (Ip68- 8/10) but still it can't handle water pressure (Means hitting water directly with pressure (Swimming)), While 5ATM+IP68 can handle that too eg Smartwatch 4 So can be used for Swimming too..Now to your question if Display changed, Battery Changed, Full body Changed or for any other work where the machine binded pasting needs to remove and done again.. Possibility of Ip68 rating broken can't be rolled out..Same Happened with mine Note8 when display Burnt in warranty So changed in Authorised Service Centre & when asked for Ip68- rating Still work or not they assure me that pasting done properly but no assurance regarding its rating & finally added Possibility can't be rolled out Since in original Condition also it's 8/10, means 80%...

View solution in context

Solution
piyussh07
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
I asked them when i got my device repaired, they assembled it in front of me, and yes, utmost care was taken while assembling so that it ip rating remains the same. They confirmed me also.

View solution in context

Solution
s24karthik
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
Yes it will still retain IP68. After my display change for 🔥Great S20+ 🔥 they do show me all the necessary check it went through

I could see it did went through some 30min test and the report was there - passed.

So if the service is done properly yes it would be.

Last 2mnths back i got so drenched in rain no issue still now. 😊

View solution in context

16 Comments
Solution
_Sara_
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk
In warranty? If it's in warranty I think that they seal it as per IP68 if you changed it on payment idk if you had to specify the IP68 or not.

What issue you had with it, why needed to be changed?
garvitgoel_
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
I bychanced dropped my phone and broke my screen, it was in warranty so i got it replaced.
_Sara_
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk
You can replace broken screen in warranty? And if not, out of curiosity, how much would have cost ?
0 Likes
garvitgoel_
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
It was around 22000 with everything included gst labour everything!
Solution
Starshiv
Active Level 9
Tech Talk
It should be I guess.

You should had asked at the service center for best answer.
Solution
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
It should be. They claim to run it through some machine which will check for ip rating. However, no one can be sure.

Even without the repair it's risky to trust the ip rating as the warranty doesn't cover water damage, ironically!
garvitgoel_
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
Bro do they have some kind of machines? To check?
Sid_Karna
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Yes, that's what they said when I changed the backpanel of my device under warranty.
Solution
Gst26
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
It's Stable for 1.5mtr/30min (Ip68- 8/10) but still it can't handle water pressure (Means hitting water directly with pressure (Swimming)), While 5ATM+IP68 can handle that too eg Smartwatch 4 So can be used for Swimming too..Now to your question if Display changed, Battery Changed, Full body Changed or for any other work where the machine binded pasting needs to remove and done again.. Possibility of Ip68 rating broken can't be rolled out..Same Happened with mine Note8 when display Burnt in warranty So changed in Authorised Service Centre & when asked for Ip68- rating Still work or not they assure me that pasting done properly but no assurance regarding its rating & finally added Possibility can't be rolled out Since in original Condition also it's 8/10, means 80%...