Original topic:

Voice command/Voice shortcuts for apps/services

(Topic created on: 02-27-2021 10:09 AM)
Sid
Active Level 5
Options
Tech Talk
Samsung should develop a feature to set a Voice command/voice shortcut  to open an app

Example 1: user can set voice command as WhatsApp and whenever user speaks WhatsApp it should open the app.

Example 2: user can set voice command as flash and whenever user speaks flash it should start the flash light.

Basically what I am trying to say is instead of using th Bixby and saying a whole sentence as open whatsapp or turn on the flash light it should be just a word and not hardware key press or Hi Bixby should be required.
3 Comments
AbhishekPuri
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
if bixby present in your device than all thing available in your device. go to bixby apk and set command.
0 Likes
AbhishekPuri
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
go to bixby apk than click on 3 line(left side of top corner) than select quick commands than click on plus button (right side of top corner)
than configure which commands you want to set for which work.

Screenshot_20210227-024948_Bixby Voice_53895.jpg

Screenshot_20210227-025008_Bixby Voice_53897.jpg

0 Likes
Sid
Active Level 5
Tech Talk
That was a good one Abhishek 👍
But my point was not not to use bixby.

what I am trying to say is user directly have to speak the app/servjce name or the word set to open it from the home or app screen.

The method you suggested can only be used when you activate Bixby and then again say the word.

Although you did a nice job above suggesting the bixby feature for the existing users👍, but let's think from the future perspective. Bixby will face it's end for sure as its still not full automated and doesn't work like proper AI assistant.

Hope Samsung will bring it's Neon AI assistant to mobile phones and other devices soon
0 Likes