Original topic:

VOWIFI CALLING

(Topic created on: 03-24-2020 11:48 PM)
Krishna1985
Active Level 3
Options
Tech Talk
Voice over wireless LAN is the use of a wireless broadband network according to the IEEE 802.11 standards for the purpose of vocal conversation. 

VoWLAN can be conducted over any Internet accessible device, including a laptop, PDA or VoWLAN units which look and function like DECT and cellphones.

Benefits:

A voice over WLAN system offers several benefits to organizations, such as hospitals and warehouses. Such advantages include increased mobility and cost savings. For instance, nurses and doctors within a hospital can maintain voice communications at any time at less cost, compared to cellular service.

Is It Secure:

The VoWiFi (WiFi calling facility) is secured via Ipsec tunnel. There is a virtual interface called epdg1 on the phone that allows us to see non encrypted traffic. When this traffic is sent via wlan0, then this is encrypted. Thus providing a trust of security...

Need of VoWifi:

Even in 2020, Still We are facing network issues at developing Countries like India.
It is the time for us to check for alternative solution, Instead of relying onIy on carriers. Since introduction of mobile technology, mankind was able to take a big leap in Communication. Now with VOWIFI we should be able to step in to much better way....

Role of Samsung:

Samsung is one of the company who will not only create revenue, but provides true value to the end consumer through their products, services and Tech advancements..

I still remember using plastic covers in rainy season to protect my mobile device before Samsung S5 was introduced.

I still remember carrying 3 to 4 cards in my wallet for making purchases,till i buy Samsung S7.

I still remember to carry a DSLR for making my shorty film photoshoot sessions. until i buy my note 8.

I still remember carrying multiple charges for charging my family members mobile devices during every trip, until i buy Samsung devices for everyone in my home which bought me the freedom of caring just one wireless charger for 4 mobiles.

The list will continue to add up,if i don't stop recollecting.

Now being in a metro, we live in a society where network is a big issue for everyone.

I Must say a very big thanks to Samsung for providing vowifi on my note 9.

Now i can easily speak to my team even im at home....

Love Samsung......
2 Comments
Siddhanth19
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
great work bro.
0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
0 Likes