Original topic:

Solution to Call-dropping in Smartphones

(Topic created on: 10-22-2021 12:10 PM)
SulochanaKumariNoDMs
Active Level 8
Options
Tech Talk
Problem: Every time I make an outgoing call, it drops suddenly as if some one were waiting out there to stop it from going out from my palmtop. 
Possible Solution: One of my friends had this irritating call -dropping problem on her Vodafone phone number. She narrated to me that her problem was sorted out by using the following steps. 
1. Go to: Settings -> Connections -> Mobile networks -> enable “Volte calls” in your Sim1, then -> Network mode, enable ‘LTE/4/3/2G (auto connect)’. 
2. Then, go to Messages app. Tap on three dots on upper hand right corner. Then Settings -> More settings -> Text messages -> Message centre, check if phone number given there belongs to area in which your phone number is registered. If it shows wrong area phone number, then replace it with the correct area phone number. For example, if your phone number is registered with Kerala area of Airtel. The Airtel SMS centre number for Kerala is +919898051916. If Message centre has wrong area phone number, then you will be unable to send or receive SMS messages. 
3. Then, go to Phone app. Tap on three dots on upper hand right corner. Then Settings -> Supplementary services -> Call forwarding -> a - Voice calls -> tap on ‘Always forward’, ‘Forward when busy’, ‘Forward when unanswered’, ‘Forward when unreachable’. b – Video calls -> tap on ‘Always forward’, ‘Forward when busy’, ‘Forward when unanswered’, ‘Forward when unreachable’. If you find any phone numbers are given there, then delete those phone numbers. Then, return to your Phone app. Type ##002# & press the ‘call button. ’ Wait for few seconds. These shall erase successfully call forwarding given under ‘Always forward’, ‘Forward when busy’, ‘Forward when unanswered’, ‘Forward when unreachable’ options. First you will see ‘MMI code started’ pop-up followed by 
‘Call forwarding 
All 
erasure was successful’ 
message after you’ve pressed the call button. Then, do the ‘power off’ & ‘restart’ your palmtop. Your call dropping problem should be resolved. ##002# deactivates all call forwarding for all palmtops. Navigation may be different for different palmtops. The message centre numbers keep getting updated. I asked my friend why call drops suddenly. She told me that it’s basically to do with wrong configuration in Settings, Phone, Messages apps. More serious problem is caused when hacker hacks your palmtop. Then the outgoing calls begin getting forwarded to hacker's phone number who may be interested in knowing whom you contact, whom you talk to, what you talk. You experience the call-drop, the hacker coolly comes to know whom you had a made a call to. You may incoming calls undisturbed. But, your outgoing calls are landing at hacker’s phone number with you experiencing the annoying sudden call-drop. 
1 Comment
rajababupatel
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
Hii
0 Likes