Original topic:

Screen Casting to smart TV

(Topic created on: 06-29-2020 06:36 PM)
Runners
Active Level 1
Options
Tech Talk
I am trying to cast a movie from Vimeo App library saved for off line viewing either to my Samsung 48 LED Curved smart TV even using Chrome Cast, only audio is going no video. I also tried with my LG Web OS 50 inch smart TV Android OS. My Samsung Galaxy M21 is getting connected but the video is only playing on my phone, not on my TV. Please help me solve this issue. Only once it did play on the LG Web OS Android TV. But I cannot recollect how I succeeded then. All my devices are on the same WiFi network Airtel Extreme Fibre.
0 Likes
2 Comments
Samsung_Support3
Options
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Kindly go through the following steps to connect your Smartphone to your Smart TV:

Swipe down the Notification pane > Select screen mirror option (Smart view / Mirroring / Miracast / Wireless Display / Mirror Share / Screencast / Screen Share / Smart View/play to ,etc) > Enable Smart view > Select the desired device > Tap to connect TV model number > Notification bar will appear on the TV screen and select Allow to give permission to connect your device > Phone is connected with TV. Now you can share the mobile content with TV.

Note: You need to have the mirroring connection to be open on both your smartphone/tablet and the TV for the mirroring to work correctly.

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Runners
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
thanks, Samsung support already gave a patch which allowed Smart view to support my 48 Samsung LED Smart Curved TV in the supported device list. On TV I have to choose the source as Screen Mirror. That's all. Now I am able to see Vimeo videos from my libraries on TV. Thanks.
0 Likes