Original topic:

Schedule Airplane Mode

(Topic created on: 01-26-2021 02:01 AM)
SubodhKumarRoy
Active Level 1
Options
Tech Talk
Please add an option to Schedule Airplane Mode. Me and my wife keep our Samsung phones on the side table next to our bed, and we would like our phones to not emit any kind of microwave radiation while we sleep with our kids in the same room.

A lot of different phone company provide this simple option.

I am confident you will too, for parents like us.

Thank You.
11 Comments
Tech Talk
I am saddened to see such lack of awareness about what kind of radio waves cellular devices emit.
But i would like to help you by telling you that there's a Samsung app called bixby routines which can help achieve this goal of yours. its compatible with most recent Samsung devices except M series of course.
http://apps.samsung.com/appquery/appDetail.as?appId=com.samsung.android.app.routines
try this link
Tech Talk
and a few budget A series devices upto A41 doesn't supports Bixby
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Thank You, please excuse my ignorance, and thank you again for taking the time to reply and help.
Tech Talk
use flight mode its work same as airplane mode.
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Thank You, I shall give it a try.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
I am surprised to see that you think phones emit microwave radiation. Phones emit non-ionizing radiation and there is no consistent evidence that it causes health issues. Also, these values are measured in SAR, and the limit of SAR is 1.6 in India and the US, so, as long as it is under that (which I believe your phone is, because otherwise the company wouldn't be able to sell the phone), there is nothing to worry, and the phone never touches peak SAR in day to day uses.
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Thank You, please excuse my ignorance, and thank you again for taking the time to reply and help.
itsb
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
you can schedule it using Tasker app.
btw smartphone radiation isn't hurt anyone
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Thank You, I am trying out Bixby Routines, and it seems to work quite nicely.