Original topic:

Samsung is being like Chinese **bleep**

(Topic created on: 07-07-2021 08:01 AM)
DarshanChatterjee
Expert Level 5
Options
Tech Talk
Hello members. I hope you all are doing fine. 
Today I'm going to talk about One UI + Samsung. As you know many youtubers are now talking about this issue with Samsung. 

SAMSUNG 
So Korean Giant Samsung is now giving a similar experience like Chinese smartphones brands (Except moto and OnePlus). 
1. Worst software experience included nagwares and blotwares: Samsung is giving some unwanted apps forcefully pre-installed in a new phone which can't be uninstalled. As Samsung and Google(Pixel) devices are much focused on privacy earlier but now Samsung is walking on the path of Chinese brands. They are giving pre-installed apps like Taka-tak , Facebook(Can't uninstall) , Netflix(Can't Uninstall) , Moj , Byju's and many more. Not only pre-installed in a new phones but also they are pushing those bloatwares through software updates. 

Suppose if you somehow set your brand new phone properly by carefully step by step or may be after formatting your device, but still you can't escape from the bloatwares which comes with software updates (Even disabling appcloud doesn't work properly).

The most toughest phone to set up while it's new. It goes One step ahead of MIUI. Too much app recommendations you have to skip while setting up the device. And if you set your device by someone else then you're gone. You have to wait till you format your device. 

2. Ads in Samsung apps: If you use Samsung’s own apps , still there is no escape for you. Some of their apps are showing ads. For example Weather app , Samsung Pay. 
There is a way out by setting dns adguard. But the point is how many users know that? 🤔

One UI
One UI is the most customizable UI in the market as of now and the most disgusting UI at the same type. Why am I dragging One UI in case of bloatwares and ads? So I'm also using a old device from Samsung which runs on Samsung’s Experience UI. It also pushes blotwares but you can escape that. And about ads , only the Weather app is free of that. PAY MINI still shows ads. While One UI comes with so much privacy focused features, still it allows the 3rd party apps to access your data. The main thief is Facebook. 

So the conclusion is if we're paying double amount for samsung in compare to other Chinese brands like Realme and Xiaomi and still getting services like the Chinese craps , then what is the point of paying so much money for samsung? Better to go with Moto or OnePlus as of Now. I don't know about flagships. But upto Premium midrange I can say they are doing it. If you compare your device with same specs in other Chinese brands , you'll get immediate 2nd thought of going with those devices. People invests their hard earned money on Samsung because of their brand value. But if Samsung is doing the same , then I would love to suggest you to go with Realme or Moto or OnePlus upto upper midrange budget. And for flagships Apple is constant. 

I know Samsung is going delete this post too immediate. Because you can't speak the truth in this community. So. Share your thoughts. 

Tech Talk
But Max is a paid service. It shows ad in free plans only.

Is there any possibility of the story feature of Samsung wallpaper showing ads on lockscreen?? 🤔🤔
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
No, the story feature doesn't show ads. And in Samsung Max, there are 2 free plans, "Basic", which shows no ads and "Premium", which shows ads. Basic is selected by default.
Tech Talk
Okay okay. I'm removing it.
IcyJay30
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
Glance itself is built for ads
And it have partnership with xiaomi and bbk sub-brands too.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
It doesn't show ads directly. I have used it a lot, even using it on my secondary phone.
0 Likes
VedantA52s
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
I also hate the fact that facebook from samsung devices can't be uninstalled
We can hope samsung removes ads to provide a better experience to users
I am actually not facing any ads(I have basic plan in max, I had also removed glance because I didn't like it much)
Tech Talk
Yes on my weather app now no ads. After update.

Device is A52
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Agree with the post, Initially I searched for stock android from samsung. Everytime there is a new update, I have to uninstall loads of boltwares.

I'm using M51 now, my old phone was Mi A2, which is stock android from Xiaomi.
Tech Talk
Mi A2 was Android one device. Like Nokia , Asus , Micromax , Moto(now). Kinda close to stock. Will give you same experience as Stock. Moto(Earlier) , Pixel and Nexus use stock as UI.

And expecting stock ui from Samsung, me too..😌😌
Tech Talk
But you can disable apps
0 Likes