Original topic:

Samsung Pay

(Topic created on: 03-30-2020 11:07 AM)
Sagar31
Active Level 10
Options
Tech Talk
Carrying a wallet around with all your credit and debit cards inside is not in fashion anymore. Well, at least if you have a Galaxy smartphone that supports Samsung Pay

What is Samsung Pay? 
It’s a mobile payment system that lets you use your smartphone to pay at retail stores around the world. In this day and age, it’s common for people to have their smartphone in their hand almost all the time, so Samsung Pay lets them leave their plastic cards behind and use their phone to make payments as well.

How does it work?

Samsung Pay uses NFC technology to transfer a credit or debit card’s information to a NFC-enabled payment terminal, just like how an NFC-enabled card would work. But what makes Samsung Pay so awesome is that it also works with traditional payment terminals and card machines by using MST (Magnetic Secure Transmission) technology. NFC is still a relatively new technology, especially in emerging markets like India, which is where MST comes in.

•First you have to enabled NFC

•Open Samsung Pay App then goes to Pay Section under below as you can see HDFC Debit Card is registered so click pay and then type Pin.

• Afterthat you have take mobile to card reader machine so that they can read through NFC radiation then your payment has been received to Merchant🙂.

How is Samsung Pay better than Apple Pay or Google  Pay?

That MST tech is the sole reason why Samsung Pay takes the cake compared to Apple Pay and Android Pay, both of which only support NFC technology. Since retailers and stores must have NFC-enabled terminals to accept payments via NFC, Apple Pay and Android Pay aren’t as widely accepted as Samsung Pay. In fact, Samsung says that the presence of MST technology means its payment service can work at virtually any place where traditional debit or credit cards are accepted.

Is Samsung Pay safe?

Samsung Pay is safer than having a physical card because it doesn’t actually store the actual card number. Simply put, Samsung Pay stores an encrypted version of the card number that is sent to payment terminals instead of the actual card number. It’s a virtual number of sorts, so the original card number is not stored anywhere on your phone. Don’t worry, though: This doesn’t mean you have to create a special PIN for the card on your phone. Your card’s regular PIN works when you pay through Samsung Pay, so it’s secure and doesn’t require you to remember any special codes.

Samsung Pay also requires you to authenticate yourself on your phone before you can use it to make a payment. You can use the fingerprint sensor, enter the device PIN, or authenticate via the iris scanner on devices that have one. So a lot of security for a very convenient way to pay, making Samsung Pay quite trustworthy.

Is Samsung Pay free?

Absolutely. Samsung Pay isn’t just free, but in some markets, Samsung also gives you reward points for using Samsung Pay for transactions. These points can then be redeemed for various products through many of Samsung Pay’s official retail partners. Samsung also lets you use the points for discounts on its own products in some countries. Furthermore, Samsung and its bank partners have various promotions going on every now and then. These can range from cashbacks on all payments to additional reward points compared to the reward points your bank would give you if you used the physical card instead of Samsung Pay.

Samsung Pay: What devices support it?

Those Samsung devices who support NFC is eligible to use Samsung Pay.

Personal experience

Samsung Pay is one of the best feature available in Samsung Devices who support NFC i personally like this features alot compare to other features because firstly i don't need to carry my physical debit and credit card on my daily life when you knew your debit and credit card is already in your pocket so why! whenever i go to restaurants and electronic store i always made payment using Samsung Pay and it also it give you points at each transaction you will made and you can redeem your rewards point against Gift cards as you can see below.

1 Comment
Tech Talk
Nice and Informative 👍