Admin
Community Manager
Options
Tech Talk

Samsung Internet believes in enhancing the user experience, privacy and usability with each upgrade. We have a lot of exciting features ranging from URL bar at the bottom to web engine upgrade in store for our users with our latest update. Check out a quick overview of the latest offerings below.

Move URL bar to bottom

To improve accessibility of search, we have introduced an option to move the URL bar to the bottom of the page. You can choose the position of the address bar as per your convenience.

To change the position of the address bar, go to More -> Settings -> Layout and menu -> Address bar position and select the desired position (Top or Bottom)

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

Switch to secure connection (HTTPS)

To further enhance your privacy, you can now choose to switch to a secure and encrypted HTTPS connection.

To enable this feature, go to More -> Settings -> Labs -> Switch to secure connection (HTTPS)

Picture3.png

Smart Protect against ‘Tracking Pixels’

Samsung Internet further enhances user privacy in its latest update by introducing ‘Smart protect against tracking pixels’. The web is surrounded by trackers and ‘pixel’ is used by one of them. Tracking pixel is a very small, almost invisible graphic of 1x1 pixels which is used by websites to gather your personal information such as device operating system, IP address, and activities on a website, etc. Smart protect will find and block this tracker to protect your privacy.

Enhanced search experience in the address bar

Search experience has been taken a notch higher by introducing intuitive search suggestions in the address bar. A suggestion list is provided while typing the search keywords in the address bar. Order of the search results is as below:

1. Results that are preloaded domains or answer suggestions
  2. Search suggestions related to user input
  3. Bookmarks and history suggestions

Picture4.png

Page zoom- support on phone/tablet

A first of its kind for mobile browsers, the ‘Zoom’ feature enables users to zoom in to the webpage with ease.

To zoom the webpage, go to More -> Zoom -> slide the slider to the amount of zoom you desire and click on OK.

Picture5.png

Show Go to Bottom button

A button to go straight to the bottom of the webpage had been provided in the earlier versions.

You can now control the visibility of this button by going to More -> Settings -> Webpage view and scrolling -> Show Go to bottom button

Picture6.png

In addition to the above, a new extension ‘Subtitles’ has been added in the more menu which will provide subtitles in your preferred language and the Web Engine has been upgraded to Chromium M92.

Upgrade to Samsung Internet v16.0 now and check out these exciting features!

For app users - Click Here

For web users- Click Here 

Drop us a note in the comment section for any queries or feedback and we’d be happy to assist you.

Thank you for being a part of the Samsung Internet Browser family!

88 Comments
ASHU1143
Active Level 6
Options
Tech Talk
When will my level increase it has been 3 months but still on active level 4 😑?
Uday_12
Expert Level 5
Options
Tech Talk
It takes 1month 20 days till expert level 1
ASHU1143
Active Level 6
Options
Tech Talk
Mine got stuck like before 🤣🤣
Uday_12
Expert Level 5