Original topic:

Samsung Electronics unveils a new SSD: The 990 Pro

(Topic created on: 08-25-2022 01:07 PM)
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Options
Tech Talk
We all know that Samsung Electronics is the world leader in advanced memory and semiconductor technology. Recently, their emiconductor division, Samsung Semiconductor Technology, announced a new NVMe SSD, the Samsung 990 Pro.

Credit: Samsung Semiconductor on Instagram

The 990 Pro is optimized for gaming, and has an optimal balance of speed, power efficiency and reliability. The 990 Pro is going to be the successor to the 980 Pro, Samsung's first PCIe 4.0 SSD. 990 Pro is going to be a better and refined version of the same.

The official benchmarks are as follows:

Sequential read speeds: 7,450 MB/s (Megabytes/second)
Sequential write speeds: 6,900 MB/s

Random read speeds: 1,400k IOPS (Input/Output Operations per Second)
Random write speeds: 1,550k IOPS

All specifications are as follows:

Credit: semiconductor.samsung.com

The Samsung 990 Pro comes in two variants: 

1. The 990 Pro - Fast, reliable and efficient.

2. The 990 Pro with Heatsink - everything above, with a stylish heatsink.

And all this comes with a 5 year warranty, so you can game with all the peace of your mind!

That was it for today, I will see you guys soon. Take care and have a great day!

5 Comments
ㅤ
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Yes...
But,.... take care..??
Of device..???
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
I didn't really get you. Care to elaborate?
ㅤ
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
U r ...BA..
U shud tell samsung.. that every device is getting defected with updates..

So i mean.. we shud care of our device.😊
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
That isn't the topic for this post, correct me if I am wrong.

Although I might add this here, if a device gets defective with updates, taking care will not help. And we cannot do anything about this, unfortunately.
INSBIRESWAR
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
Only pcle 4.0 spreed is like a national highway...think if this ssd is connected to a system like m1 macs but in windows ......
What the write and read spreed could be i am assuming 2 to 4 times more spreed boost to computer.....ie.whole system 🤣 🤠hope Microsoft develop a system like that...where there will be like 16 channel ram 8 channel ssd 😱like macs 🙉 🙉 🙉 🙉 🙊 🙊 😵 💫 😵 💫 😵 💫 😵 💫
0 Likes