Original topic:

💥Samsung Browser vs Jio Pages💥

(Topic created on: 10-30-2020 10:35 PM)
Abhy
Options
Tech Talk

Samsung Browser Vs Jio Pages

Jio has launched its latest made-in-India browser, the JioPages which replaces the Jio Browser. The new browser has some nice features up its sleeves but it does it compare with the Samsung Browser. Let's have a look.

Before I start let me say that the Jio Pages ( Browser) looks heavily inspired by the Samsung Browser. 

Tho Chaliye Shuru karte hain....🤓

DESIGN

Samsung Browser

Jio Browser

Design wise both almost look very similar, both have themes either white or black mode. Both are very similarly incorporated. 

SETTINGS 

Samsung Browser Settings

Jio Pages Settings

Again the settings menu you can see a striking resembles.
If you ask me I like the Dark mode of the Samsung more as it has a more clearer look with Greys and black.
Whereas the Jio Browser has more darker shade to it and was sometimes difficult to read. 

INCOGNITO SETTINGS 

Samsung Browser Incognito Settings

Jio Browser Incognito Settings

Again both are very similar, except the fact that Samsung Browser has ability to detect face and unlock. 

PRIVACY SETTINGS 

Samsung Browser Privacy Settings

Jio Browser Privacy settings

I was pleasantly surprised to see the amazing range of privacy settings we get with the Samsung Browser. 
As you can see in the screenshot above the range of options we get are really very nice and you don't need extra apps to do the same. 
Whereas the Jio Privacy settings are very Basic and limited. 

RECENT TABS

Samsung Browser

Jio Browser

Here you can clearly see the Samsung Browser has better ways of arranging the tabs that are open. 
Whereas the Jio Browser has no option at all. 

SEARCH ENGINES 

Samsung Browser

Jio Browser

When it comes to Search Engine selection The Samsung Browser has around 5 different options to select from just like the Chrome Browser. 

Jio Browser on the other hand has only 3 options to choose from. 

EXTRA FEATURES 

Samsung Browser Useful Features

Samsung Browser has a extra tab in the settings called "Useful Features"
It consists of many features that are nifty and useful. That you won't find in the Jio Browser. 

Samsung Cloud with Samsung Internet

One more feature only found in the Samsung Browser is the ability to use the Cloud ☁️ feature that comes exclusively with Samsung Browser. 

VERDICT 

From the above comparison its quite clear that both the browsers are very similar in terms of design and built both are based on Chromium blink. 

But when it comes to pure Usefulness, ease of use and number of features the Samsung Browser is more resourceful. It may be due to the fact that Samsung Browser has been a long player in the market and has learnt and incorporated many user friendly features over the time. 

Whereas the Jio Pages is a new entrant in the market and has lot of catchup to do. 

Hope you guys liked it 😊 👍

7 Comments
Tech Talk
once again a great post sir

but sir I think you have forgotten to hide your email I'd in last screenshot
Tech Talk
Thanks a lot for appreciating and pointing that out. 👍😊
Tech Talk
That was a wonderful comparison of ferrari vs maruti 800.
Tech Talk
hahaha....Maruti 800 needs be beefed up to compete
Sor
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
good one
0 Likes
Tech Talk

Very good comparision of the one built for 10 Yrs  Vs Months old one :) - Not sure if you have seen the latest version of JioPages here 

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jio.web&hl=en_IN&gl=US

No Doubt Samsung Internet is good Browser and no further doubt that, JioPages is taking leaps. 

1. Samsung Internet is built for global audience Vs JioPages for Indian.

2. It took 9 yrs from the time it was launched to add Indian languages.

3. JioPages ( Indians take decisions about indian features Vs Koreans making decisions for Indian aucdiences. 🙂

3. Samsung internet has advantage of preloading on all Samsung phones, yet its market share is not even comparable as that of Chrome. 

As its known, everything has a begining, Samsung Internet has, Apple, Chrome or anyone has.. JioPages has just started, yet people consider to be even comparable. - Thats clearly indicate, they are doing it right. 

Jai Hind ( Hum Honge Kaamyab)

Tech Talk
Very good observations indeed