Original topic:

Remove ads from you Galaxy device.

(Topic created on: 11-29-2020 12:38 PM)
Options
Tech Talk

Hi guys, Anik this side.

So many of you must have been facing ads in apps that work with the help of Android System Webview and in webpages, so here is a trick to get rid of ads.

(You have to perform BOTH 1 and 2 step-by-step to get the results)

1. AdGuard Private DNS.

You have to set up a private DNS. The advantage of this is that you will neither see in-app ads, nor see ads on your browser. Like when you open a webpage, there are ads in between the content and at the botton etc. Those ads will go away, and you will be able to browse the web cleanly. This also removes ads from "Weather" and "Samsung Health" app.

THIS PRIVATE DNS IS COMPLETELY SAFE AND SUPPORTS DoH, DoT AND DNSCrypt, AND IS TRUSTED BY MILLIONS OF PEOPLE WORLDWIDE AND THERE ARE NO CASES OF DATA LEAK OR BREACHING. ADGUARD IS COMPLETELY SAFE.

Here are the privacy notes:

What you have to do: (Check the images if you have doubts)

1. Go to Settings 
2. Click on Connections
3. Click on More connection settings
4. Click on Private DNS
5. Select "Private DNS provider hostname"
6. Enter dns.adguard.com and hit save.
7. Restart your device.

Note:- This does not remove ads from YouTube and YouTube music. 

2. Clear data and opt-out of marketing. 

Opt out of marketing information and turn off "send diagnostic data". This is going to help.

What you have to do: (Check the images if you have doubts)

1. Go to Settings
2. Click on Privacy
3. Click on Device personalisation services
4. Click on clear data
5. Click on "all time" and hit Clear data.
6. Turn off "Send diagnostic data" and "Receive marketing information".

So that's it! Hit me up in the comments if you have any doubts. I hope I could help you.🙂🙂

This post is also featured on GadgetFam, a massive thanks to them for featuring me. Check it out here: 

MrDragone
Active Level 9
Tech Talk
thanks it's my pleasure 😊
0 Likes
BHEESHMA
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
hi yaah ! just saw ur comment and I can see you're having good knowledge on technology and Networking.

Being the most trusted in the world never makes something completely safe and gaining knowledge will never change it. @SurajBari mentioned fact and using 3rd party DNS even if it's most trusted by millions or best in the world , doesn't mean that your DATA is safe . we are letting them in by believing that nothing is happening but the door is still open .

they might not be utilising it now but DATA is the most valuable thing and for that only every company is providing something.. If the service is free. it's just we, who are being sold by ourselves.

so plz speak like an experienced !

Tech Talk
The data is not being utilized and that is what matters the most. If you can trust on Google, Facebook etc., then there is no point in trusting AdGuard. Yet to understand my point.
0 Likes
BHEESHMA
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
I get Ur point . I just came to talk because I saw a comment mentioned knowledge. so just making my point clear ..

AdGuard Isn't safe . if these aren't . then Facebook will be the first culprit of the list. 😅😅

but my point is that these are personal preference of using and giving access to personal data even if they use it or no.

anyway ! Good Job . you've provided a solution for those ads and we made an awareness of the other side .

🤝
good day
Tech Talk
Still people are using Facebook, Insta etc. So there is no point in not using this. Anyways, your point on security is absolutely not wrong. We have to be careful because the the internet is a dangerous place. But AdGuard has no history of data breaching, and if it happens in future, we shall stop using it. Good day bro ✌
BHEESHMA
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
Well explained mate 🤜🤛
0 Likes
ThisGuy
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
bro will it remove ads feom YouTube??
0 Likes
bhola69
Active Level 10
Tech Talk
no
0 Likes
Tech Talk
No, it will not, I already mentioned that in the post. You have to use YouTube vanced to get rid of ads.
SivaPraneeth
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
Hi Anik, I want to disconnect my Samsung Account for phone & other apps, is possible to login my Samsung account only for Samsung members app..
Why because of Samsung Account draining the battery fast.
Reply plz..