Original topic:

Pathetic Samsung Note10 Battery Life

(Topic created on: 10-19-2019 11:27 PM)
JGSM
Beginner Level 2
Options
Tech Talk
I am facing lot of issues with the new Note 0 Battery life, I raised this with the Samsung feedback available and they did share a host of things to do. In short it means that I should charge the phone and not use it!! 

The current charge doesn't even last half day with official usage I.e. mails, calls, WhatsApp.

I have raised the issue again, however still to get a response.

I use the phone only for biz mails and WhatsApp besides the calls and text. There is no game's or movies etc.

Are other members facing the same issue and if yes, any solutions...

Response from Samsung Help in case you wish to read.

Dear Samsung Member, Greetings of the day! We apologize for your inconvenience with Samsung device, to resolve device battery drainage concern kindly follow below steps: 1 . Turn off Bluetooth, Wl-FI, GPS, NFC, Tethering and Portable Hotspot when not in use. 2. Set the brightness level minimum (Scroll down notification panel) Enable the auto brightness/set the brightness level). 3. Set Power saving mode in MID (Scroll down notification panel)Setting > Device maintenance 4. Turn off smart features like Smart Stay, Air Gestures, Screen Mirroring, Auto Sync of E-mails, App data etc. when not in use. 5. Stop the background running app (Tap on the left soft key and close all the running apps). 6. Network Mode 3G and 4G drains more battery as compare to 2G Network Mode. 7. 3rd party apps may also cause the battery drainagei check your device battery in Safe mode. How to run Safe mode: Restart the devicoPress & hold the volume down key>Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the device. If battery performance is ok in safe mode then restart the device to turn off Safe moae & uninstall ira party apps that are causing problem. 8. Create data backup and reset the device. Data Back Up Process via Smart Switch Mobile App (Data Back up in phone memory card): Install Smart Switch App from Google Play StorpOpen Smart Switch App )Click on Memory Card Icon)BACK UP Reset Step: Scroll down Notification panel )SettingpGeneral management>Reset)Factory Data Reset. 9. Update the device O/S if update is available (Scroll down Notification panel )Settings )Software Update )Download updates manually). If your device issue is unresolved, kindly send us the error log file using Samsung member application by following below mentioned path- Open Samsung member app)click on "+"icopsend feedback>Error reportpattach log file Note: For better assistance, please send device log files within 15 minutes of issue occurrence along with the exact issue details. Warm Regards, Samsung Technical Support Team 
5 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
nope not an issue i m facing even i play a lot of game in after noon after that i can easily use my phone through the all evening at last 25 % remaining .. i suggest u should once reset your device then i will tell you about some tweaks , i am using on optimize setting if i set to medium Power mode then my battery remains at night atleast 30-33 % . "so i am only facing charging problem after the October patch , i think they slow it down because of there is no more difference between 25w and 45w"..
0 Likes
Tech Talk
please visit Samsung service center for replacement of battery
0 Likes
Masnun
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
How long does it last for you? I have a Note 10+ and get around 8 hours of screen on time. In day to day use, it lasts for around 1 day and 15 hours. Easily lasts a day for me. With your Note 10, it should still last a whole day.

These are the settings I have:

-- Dark mode, all apps that support it also has dark mode on
-- Medium power savings, FHD+ resolution
-- Very dark wallpaper
-- AOD on tap
-- No edge screen or edge lighting
-- Location turned off
-- WiFi and Bluetooth scanning turned off (BT and WiFi enabled)
0 Likes
JGSM
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
hi,

pretty much same, uninstalled all apps suggested by the Samsung tech team. still not lasting more than 7-8 hours. by the time I finish my office, it's gone!
0 Likes
JGSM
Beginner Level 2
Tech Talk
update: after a reset and few tweaks like scheduled dark mode during evening, the battery performance has improved significantly. 😀
0 Likes