Original topic:

No one ui 3.0 update for s9+... Ridiculous!

(Topic created on: 09-20-2020 03:06 AM)
astromer
Active Level 1
Options
Tech Talk
I just got to know samsung does not bring in major updates for a phone after 2-3 years ? That is some ridiculous scheme to get people to buying new phone. I was looking forward to one ui 3.0/andriod 11 update for my phone and now it turns out there is not going to be one ? This is bs. Never buying a Samsung phone ever again. 
5 Comments
DarkClawX
Expert Level 2
Tech Talk
kindly state a phone except Apple and Pixel (they are ignoring India, providing late updates) which provide more than 2 updates. Also, OnePlusay have provided the 3rd update to some some models but believe me, I have info from reliable sources that the update induced a lot of bugs.

Also, Samsung has promised 3 years update to all flagships starting from S20 series and Note20 series. So, chill
0 Likes
astromer
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
When i had bought s9plus it was a steal compared to its contemporary flagships (except oneplus ofc). I just assumed, like Apple, Samsung would provide major updates atleast for 4-5 years. I expect my phone to run on the latest system atleast for 4-5 years but thats clearly not going to happen now. Yes you'd have to pay more for apple but atleast you'll get to experience latest systems longer. Anyways, so what updates are phones like s9+ going to get ? just minor bug fixes ?
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Yes bugs and security patch updates.
0 Likes
Tech Talk
3 years for 2019 and forward devices which also include S10 , Note 10 and other midrange smartphones
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk
Your assumption was wrong and had no basis in past Samsung update record.
0 Likes