Original topic:

Messages app

(Topic created on: 01-16-2020 08:13 PM)
Paschal
Active Level 2
Options
Tech Talk
Hello Samsung,

Why I can't block spam messages received from marketing business, telecom services, Lottery winning, Bank loans, etc.? I can only block phone number in the setting not those SPAM messages that sending me every day. SMS ORGANIZER apps from Microsoft corporation has excellent features to organise itself the spam messages or even block. So why can't Samsung do better than Microsoft corporation SMS ORGANIZER apps?
0 Likes
4 Comments
Rangez
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
you need to contact your Do not distrub service and enable DND. Call on 1909 or sms 1909 with Start 0 as thr keyword. The messages will never be sent to you. See this pic.
0 Likes
Paschal
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
I don't need to do that and it's not just Airtel promotional spam messages even other marketing spams from life insurances and so on. I have used SMS ORGANIZER and it's has that features to block those spams and also organised automatically those SPAM itself. If Microsoft app like SMS ORGANIZER can do it then why Samsung can't add those features? even Facebook Messenger can block those spam messages if I allow messenger to set default for my messages but I don't want 3rd party take control of my message due to privacy as it has many official and bank related stuffs and not good to expose
0 Likes
Rangez
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
Samsung HAS such message blocking filter. Go to Messages Settings and select Block Messages and then select Block Phrases and enter the common portion of the text contained in the message so that any further such message if recvd will directly be blocked.

also note that by sending the message START 0 to 1909 you can not only block your network operators promotional messages but also other promotional messages sent out by various agents. 1909 i.e. Do Not Distrub service is the only way out instead of an organizer or even Samsung block message settings which will fail sometimes in detecting such messages.
0 Likes
SrikanthL
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
Agree. Samsung is not able to fix this. All other SMS apps in the market have this capability to block SMS without phone numbers. I also have been waiting to see when Samsung will fix this.
0 Likes