Original topic:

Messages (SMS) Delete behavior

(Topic created on: 02-23-2021 04:05 PM)
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Options
Tech Talk
Hello Guys,

In OneUI 3.0 update, one of very useful feature which was added was recycle bin for messages.
i.e. when we delete any message , it now goes to recycle bin. This works well when we delete messages from within Messages app.

But I observed that if we delete message from notification, those messages do not go in recycle bin.

I wish delete function should act in same way.

Please share your experience, views.
4 Comments
3b5b6hj2j3b
Active Level 1
Tech Talk

If Samsung is even keen to be in the front line for sms/text messages, then YES - but they also need to adopt:
- Ability to copy and share messages -- but also include the header information ( sender, date and time ).
- A web version to manage messages incl. read, delete, forward, search for keywords etc.
- Show OTP codes over other screens ( like their competition does )
- The star feature would be the ability to move/file messages into seperate folders - but that is perhaps asking for too much.

Competition ( Microsoft & Google, etc ) has added more and more features taking customers their way. MS messages are more attractive - which is why I use it by default myself. However, if Samsung added/updated with similar features - I would prefer to use the default Samsung app on my Samsung phone -- instead of other 3rd party apps.

0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
Great to see detailed comment.
I used to use Google Messages on my LG V30+.
Google has some features but misses basics like multi select and delete.

As better option of web version ,I use link to windows on Samsung provided we use only our personal pc.

I have one more problem with Samsung Messages app. It kind of shows 2 types of messages and depending on type, button behavior changes. like delete.

I am not sure if I am able to explain it correctly.
But this annoys me. Not sure if this is issue with app OR type of messages send itself.
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Recycle bin in messages is waste. Unnecessary it will take the storage space upto 30 days. Why we want the recycle bin Once if decided to delete the message means, it wil go permanently from phone storage. That is the good one. I want to disable the recycle bin option in Messages app. Kindly any one say how to do the disable options for recycle bin in messages app.
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
I Don't think it is waste as sometime we can delete by mistake as well.
Currently there is no option to disable it.
0 Likes