Original topic:

Let's understand Samsung Flow.

(Topic created on: 06-20-2022 09:25 PM)
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Options
Tech Talk
Hello Members!

It is great to see you all! Today, we are going to talk about Samsung Flow. Now, maybe you have heard about it, maybe you haven't, so, if you haven't, this post is going to save you all a lot of time! Do join me on this journey and let's get right into it.

Q: What is Samsung Flow? 

Well, Samsung Flow in simple words is a seamless and secure connectivity application which you can use to move content between your Galaxy phones, tablets and Windows PC.

Samsung Flow uses Bluetooth and/or WiFi Direct to transfer data.

Q: Where do I get Samsung Flow?

The download links are as follows:

1. Google Play Store:

2. Samsung Galaxy Store:

3. Microsoft store (Windows 10 and Windows 11 only):

Q: How do I set up Samsung Flow?

Download Samsung Flow on your Samsung phone or tablet from either the Play Store or Galaxy store from the given links and on your PC using thr Microsoft Store link (Windows 10 and Windows 11 only). Then follow along the steps I mentioned (images added for reference);

On your PC/Laptop:

Open the app and click on 'Start'.

Select the device you want to register; in my case, its my M31s.

Let it process.

Confirm the passkey on both devices and click 'Ok'.

On your phone:

P.S. In some cases, you might have to pair your phone with your laptop or PC using Bluetooth. Like this:

Click 'Yes'.

Now that pairing has been done, let's use the app.

Type anything on the "Enter message" section like this:

Now, let's project my phone's screen on my laptop. Click on the "Smart View" button on the Windows app and click 'Start new' on your phone as given below:

Click on 'Start now'.

See how my phone's screen is casted on my laptop. I can control it from here!

You can also sync your phone's clipboard with your laptop/PC using the "Clipboard" option on the Windows app. Everytime you disconnect the connection, you have to verify your identity using biometrics to continue using the app. 

So, this was my "How-to" post on Samsung Flow and I am sure someone will find it useful! Suggestions are as always welcome in the comments section. Feedbacks appreciated. Tell me what I should make a post on next!

Till then, take care, stay safe and I will see you guys really soon!
10 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
Bookmarked

Will see this later 👍
Tech Talk
Tell me one thing, im using Samsung Flow from long but my paring was very short and easy ! No code nothing just connected to same wifi router 🤔
Tech Talk
If you are connecting for link to windows the connection will give few more steps but for Samsung Flow its quick and easy.
Tech Talk
sir but im taking of Samsung flow only ! I never had this long just same Wi-Fi network and voila no code etc
0 Likes
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Technology changes over time, but as long as I remember, I have always had to pair using a passkey.
Tech Talk
Oh anyway Samsung flow works fabulous 👌 and my pairing being easy im happy 😊
Gaurav_Sîngh
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
same for me too
Tech Talk
Great.! M sure this info wud help a lot o ppl!
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Much appreciated :)
0 Likes