LIST OF FEATURES NEEDED IN THE M-SERIES

(Topic created on: 01-03-2021 08:43 PM)
AviatorFarhan
Active Level 4
Options
Tech Talk
These features are demanded by many people for the m series:
• They should provide atleast some important features from Good lock
• FHD 60fps is a must in all m series phones above 15k(m21;m31; m31s; m51). Really Samsung, you could've atleast have some sympathy for your mid range phones.
•At start, I thought that one UI was the best UI for customisation. But after I started using an m series phone, I was really disappointed. Samsung should really provide A lot of ways of customizing your phone. I've seen that u give many customizing features to the A series phones; why not the M series ( for eg: changing the charge sound; giving full edge lighting etc.)
•it's a shame that you are not providing an in built screen recorder. I have to download a third party app to use screen recording.

21 Comments
HerculePoirot
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
S/Note = Flagship
A = Midrange
M = Meh

There needs to be a clear distinction to maintain distinct series. That is done by excluding features, or perhaps toning down the hardware. If they started maintaining uniformity across the board, there would be nothing left to distinguish the series. You can't buy Windows 10 Home and demand features of Windows 10 Professional. Want more? Then pay more. That's how things typically work.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
You are wrong. There are M series devices which are costlier than some A series devices. M series is still an important series. FHD 60fps in not even available in many A series devices. This should not be a flagship specific feature. Good lock is available in A51 which is cheaper than M51. Good lock is even available in M10s, which is priced under 10k. M is not just Meh, its a lot more than that. Look at the massive batteries. Look at the cameras.
AviatorFarhan
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
I agree.....but bro the m51 Vs a51, of course everyone Will buy the m51....the a51 doesn't even have a better processor than the m51 but still these features mentioned above are the features that make one ui unique
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
Don't say about the better processor bro, SD 730G in M51 is not at all optimized. My M31s runs COD mobile better than M51, I have tested both.
HerculePoirot
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
M10s has Good Lock? Really? Didn't know that. It's a crime, then, not to have it on the M51, if they can have it available on a budget offering.

I agree about the massive batteries, but then again, Samsung needs those massive batteries to match its rivals' offerings in terms of battery life. I've stated this before. I moved to the A71 from the Realme 7 Pro. Both have 4500 mAh batteries. However, the A71's charge drops down much quicker than the 7 Pro's. The 7 Pro charges way quicker, too. I'd moved to the 7 Pro from the M31s. That phone had a 6000 mAh battery, but it never felt like a 6000 mAh battery.

My experience was "meh" on the M31s. It was too slow. Contacts would take 2-3 seconds to open, for example. And after Contacts would open, once you'd try and scroll down to get to a contact, the screen would freeze for another 2-3 seconds before choppily scrolling down. That's what prompted me to switch to the Realme 7 Pro--mediocre performance. However, I missed Samsung's customizations; namely, themes, amongst other things--and Samsung's displays are simply beautiful--so I decided to switch back. With my bad experience with the M31s, though, I decided to ditch the M series altogether. Even the 7000 mAh M51 couldn't tempt me. The A71 seemed the more premium offering.

I'm happy with the A71. Got everything I need. Barring battery life. I've had to literally turn off background activity/data usage for almost every single app, including WhatsApp; even reduce the processor's speed through power saving, something I never had to do on the 7 Pro, to make the battery last a bit. It's not a drastic improvement, but it's somewhat manageable now. I do feel Samsung needs to work on optimizing their UI.
Anikroyale
Expert Level 5
Tech Talk
I never had this experience on my M31s. Its always smooth inspite of myself being a heavy user.
thetaufiq
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
Yeahh same here it's kinda smooth
0 Likes
AviatorFarhan
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
I have 3 points for ya:
• The a71 is over priced, u could afford to buy a 1+ Nord instead of a71 which offers more performance and a FHD 60 FPS VIDEO RECORDING
• bro ,seriously?, u r comparing a exynos phone with a SD phone? of course the m31s will have 'meh' performance than the 7 pro & the a71...I'm discussing about phones b/w 20k-15k in India.
•comparing the a71 & 7pro which have a 8nm SoC with the m31s which has a 10nm SoC, they both will give an equal screen on time if u r a heavy user. The m31s ,with a big SoC and the animations in the UI ,will give a lower screen on time than a normal 6000mah battery phone shld.
0 Likes
HerculePoirot
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
Don't care much about video recording. No headphone jack; major letdown for me. Don't like pill-shaped camera cutouts; take too much of screen away. Display issues, as have been widely reported. Wasn't into the Nord.