Original topic:

#InnovationLab - Auto Switch to Strongest/Preferred WiFi

(Topic created on: 04-20-2021 01:36 AM)
iAmSaugata
Active Level 4
Options
Tech Talk
Hi,
Please give us an option to always connect to the preferred WiFi based on signal strength and/or predefined user preferences. Currently it is not possible without third-party app.

I am using an app called SmartWiFiSelector(https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tartar.strongestwifi), but it is not stable and there is a chance that the access might revoked by Google in future. Samsung as an OEM, it will be very easy to integrate this into the setting itself with higher privileges and also can enhanced its functionality by allow triggering via Bixby Routines. This will be a cool and unique feature to have on Samsung.

5 Comments
Tech Talk
Option is available. Go to Settings > Connections > WIFI > Advanced.

And enable appropriate settings.

SmartSelect_20210420-021210_Settings_8113.jpg

0 Likes
Tech Talk
He is talking about connecting wifi based on signal strength. No such options till now.
0 Likes
iAmSaugata
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
This feature is not available in any Android phone as of now.
0 Likes
Tech Talk
I have 4 wifi saved at my home, whenever I'm home my phone connects to the fastest wifi, and if all the wifi connection are slow, it switches back to mobile data.

That's why I suggested to explore advanced settings.

PS: You can send feedback or report error to Samsung for the desired feature, if third party apps are available, they might as well incorporate in future updates.
iAmSaugata
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
I am already aware of its capabilities, but I will always not work as intended. As of now only using this third-party app, my phone always getting connected to the strongest WiFi, and also it always prefer 5G Wi-Fi, even in case of low signal strength based on my preference.