Original topic:

Innovation in sim card slot

(Topic created on: 03-07-2021 11:31 AM)
CZ
Beginner Level 3
Options
Tech Talk
Hi,
I have a proposal for #Samsung, which will be adequate to enhance the security mechanism of #Samsumg_mobiles. Currently, Samsung mobile comes with a hybrid sim slot on the left/right side of the mobile, accessed by using any ordinary pin. Now imagine the situation when you use mobile internet to access your lost mobile and the thief can remove the core of the internet connection just by removing the sim card slot. This type of scenario has become very popular in India; it becomes no meaning of having #Samsung_security because we can no longer access our lost mobile without any internet connectivity. Thus, I have a proposal for #Samsung_developers to build the sim card access mechanism, which only can be accessed through mobile settings. It will enable the scope of password protection in the sim card slot. I know Samsung already has a smart sim card (E-Sim) project; however, for now, my proposal can be an innovation that will help our beloved #Samsung stay ahead of other brands. 
Thanks and regards,
CZ
5 Comments
HECKER_Sr
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
are you talking about E-Sim Cards that only comes with the portion of the hardware? if i am not mistaken
0 Likes
CZ
Beginner Level 3
Tech Talk
Yes, but my idea is to innovate old school hybrid sim card.... My idea is to give a solution from the end of software and hardware to access sim slots... It is more like implementation of pop-up selfie camera idea on Sim slots... I hope you get my point now.
0 Likes
Darkvader12
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
why not just remove the slot entirely
Darkvader12
Active Level 8
Tech Talk
in future we won't be needing the sim card slot thus it will make more ip rating rather having a slot
0 Likes
CZ
Beginner Level 3
Tech Talk
Yeah, the concept of e-sim is getting popular but due to some reason this technology has not arrived yet in Samsung budget mobiles. If we able to get such attractive facility at no extra cost or minimum cost it will be much better. But if Samsung wants to stick with sim slot concept then they should incorporate some innovation to make it more secure.
0 Likes