Original topic:

[Innovation Lab #25] - Share your ideas with us in #InnovationLab!

(Topic created on: 07-06-2021 12:49 PM)
Admin
Community Manager
Options
Tech Talk

Our community is a great place to discover new and innovative ideas for our devices and services. 

Innovation lab is a simple way for you to share your ideas directly with our teams.

In week 25 of #Innovationlab, we are requesting you to share your ideas for the following two themes:

1. Product CMF (Color Material Finish): Feedback and proposal on CMF of Galaxy Smartphones and Tablets
2. Smartphone APS (Accessories): Proposals and requests with a focus on foldable companion products

As a Galaxy user, feel free to suggest any improvement, new feature or make a request which you feel will help us improve the devices.

All you need to do is :

• Create a post detailing your idea/suggestion
  • Include illustrations/diagrams/images or any detail you feel will help us understand it better
  • Include #InnovationLab in your post title/subject

We will go through all your suggestions to bring significant improvements. Week 25 topics will be open till 11th July. Week 26 topics will be announced later.

You can see Week 24 topics here

Looking forward to amazing suggestions from you all! 

Cheers

Samsung Members team

Disclaimer: "Participation in this campaign is voluntary. The same is being rolled out by Samsung India Electronics Private Limited ("Samsung") for its Samsung Members App users ("you") to know your feedback / suggestions/ views regarding the Samsung products and services. The information shared by you will be used for the internal analysis and future product development only and will be used in accordance with the Samsung Privacy Policy."

140 Comments
Ric07
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
#InnovationLab
Why don't you guys develop a notification lighting like edge lighting around the camera punch hole which notifies like the classic LED notification which keeps blinking when a notification is received. This totally helps with not touching the phone to see if any notification has come through during this pandemic were we gotta be considerate touching things.

For any doubts, check out 3rd party apps like 'aod notify' available in Google playstore.
Ric07
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
Please bring back the old edge lighting which was so much more customizable.

The new Integration of edge lighting with notification is not nice. Can't customize and doesn't work for all apps.
Ric07
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
S21 ultra has reverse wireless charging.

Put this to use by developing a phone case with a Bluetooth spen.

The case can have a strip of wireless charging pad which can lead this to the spen holder on the same case.

Or the Bluetooth spen can have wireless charging so tat it can be charged wit the phones reverse charging feature.

PLEASE MAKE IT AFFORDABLE AS THE PHONE S21 ULTRA ITSELF IS A WASTE OF MONEY 20210706_112858_1035.jpg
Thakkaar
Beginner Level 3
Tech Talk
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
Especially need some new aesthetic charging animation.
The old one is really outdated
Pramit9
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
Hey #innovationlabs,
Firstly, in One UI we want stable App Lock feature which is most common in other UI's. S Secure is not present in Galaxy Apps store. For this I've to download 3rd party app.

Secondly, we want Dual Apps features. It is only present for messenger apps. I want to use two PhonePe apps but that can't happen, For this also I've to download 3rd party app for Dual Apps feature.
PalashN
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
'S Secure' is present in Google Play Store as well as Galaxy Store. May be your phone is not compatible. For dual app features you can use 'Secure Folder'(Setting > Biometrics and Security > Secure Folder) provided by Samsung. Secure Folder is already installed in Samsung A series phone. It can be used in S and Note series as well. These are not compatible for M series.Screenshot_20210706-141028_Google Play Store_12008.jpgScreenshot_20210706-141119_Galaxy Store_12010.jpg
Pramit9
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
S Secure not available in Galaxy Apps.
And S Secure is not that Secure I can say, Samsung stops updates of S Secure, the last update came in 2019.Screenshot_20210706-143014_Galaxy Store.jpg
PalashN
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
Look the screenshots attached before. S secure is available in my Galaxy app store. What series of phone do you use?
Pramit9
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
OK, F series
I think then it's not supported.