Original topic:

Huge bug detected

(Topic created on: 06-24-2021 12:56 AM)
lostsouljourney
Active Level 2
Options
Tech Talk
So i am showing light after my recent update of my Samsung galaxy m31 i discovered all my data , files, presentations, pics everything is automatically erased from dual messenger WhatsApp 
The problem is all files are not being saved in folder of phone's dualapp WhatsApp folder 
The folder is automatically vanishes every time 
This is so disgusting and annoying
Samsung has to fix this now means now
0 Likes
4 Comments
ARJUNB
Expert Level 2
Tech Talk
I hope u had the backup 😔
Also welcome to the club. Yes lately I have seen alot of complaints on whats app. Dual problem specially after this android 11 update.
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Yeah i had but most of them missing
Samsung have to fix this soon
0 Likes
cs-member13
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We would request you to register your concern in Samsung Members Application. So, that our concern team gets back to you as soon as possible.

Please follow this path to register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Note. please attach the error log file within 15 minutes of the error occurred.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
vravani
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
When I reported this bug of WhatsApp DualApp DualMessenger empty folder, I get this reply from Samsung on 06-Jul-2021:

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

This is with reference to your query regarding Samsung device. We understand you are facing issue in Dual WhatsApp and it must be inconvenient for you. Please be assured, we will do our best to resolve your concern.

As per log analysis issue caused in Dual WhatsApp as recently WhatsApp upgraded its version and it changed the file path where all media files are to be saved. Due to this change . Dual messenger doesn't sync saved at new path and so this is causing problem. We need confirmation from WhatsApp team regarding the path they will be using for saving their media files as in some devices we observed that WhatsApp was still using the old path. Samsung is trying to solve the problem quickly by contacting WhatsApp team. If they go with the new concept then we will be needing some time to prepare the fix. Meanwhile, we request you to please bear with us.

In case you require further assistance, please feel free to revert to us.

Thank you for writing to Samsung! We value your relationship with us.

Warm regards,
Abraheem
Samsung Customer Support
0 Likes