Original topic:

Heating issues and Battery Drain in Galaxy Series

(Topic created on: 10-24-2020 08:24 PM)
harkanwal
Active Level 3
Options
Tech Talk
Hello community, 
I used s8, s8 plus, then 9, and at present using s10 lite and note 10 lite. 
And my experience of using these devices states Galaxy devices are awesome; I also expressed my love for S8 in my earlier post. They are excellent in performance and anyone will fall in love at first sight. 
But there are two things where Exynos is not matching snapdragon. These two aspects are very much visible to everyone. 
1) Exynos phones get heated very often and is the biggest drawback of current galaxy devices. flipkart or amazon reviews are full of heating issues especially s20 plus.
2) Sub standard battery performance, though seems to have increased performance using bigger size batteries but the display has also saw major improvements like qhd or refresh rates etc.

Whereas I never felt that S10 lite is heated even for a single moment. 
Note 10 lite is just new addition and it also shown mild heating during initial setup but nothing to say on note 10 lite yet. 

So what I feel that Samsung should look into and resolve heating, battery and alongwith, the infamous very very slow finger biometrics issues also.

What are your experiences of using Galaxy phones?

Thanks

10 Comments
Tech Talk
Yeah you are right there are heating issue with exynos chipset. My device is S20 FE, which has exynos 990 chip.
0 Likes
AGP25
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
I'm a note 10 lite user brother..ill give you my honest opinion..
Till now one of the Samsung's best exynos chip set is 9810..no performance issues, smooth and efficient. I don't play any games..but I think it should handle it very easily..and about the heating..I don't experience too much heating issue in normal usage..some time the front area heats up if I'm using camera for a long time..well thats not a issue..
But other than that note 10 lite handles day to day tasks easily and efficiently..
Now about the battery ..I only charge my phone once a day , that too form 20-75..and it gives me a full day power with 4+hrs of SOT..I think that's average considering other phones..
so from 100-0% I should get 7+ hrs easily..
but the reviews as you said seems to be bad it seems..especially the "20" series phones ..the 990 chip set is very bad in terms of battery efficiency..but you can't blame the chip every time..more optimized UI could solve all the problems..just like hoe Google fiddles with their software.
if you have noticed in the new pixel 5a..the camera is using the same sensor from the pixel 2 still it can take pictures that can tackle the new flagship..so if the software developers could do something put of the box..it'll be as efficient as DD variants..
0 Likes
harkanwal
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
yes , software and hardware work alongwith to get the best results and optimizations need all the times.
0 Likes
AGP25
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
now look at the new oxygen os..its changing not quite like the stock android..the experience is wearing off..and one plus now started installing 3rd party apps like Amazon through their OTA..don't know where these companies are going 😐 😕
0 Likes
Tech Talk
😁😁 it's common in Samsung
0 Likes
Rohit9r
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
All Samsung Mobile Phone will Exynos 990 have same issue
Exynos is quite old and weak processor and
Samsung is not willing to spend any time and money to make better processors

At least if they are providing Exynos 990
Then they must tweak their software to make it compatible for the Processor

Tweaking/Modification of software is the only option to solve few issues with Exynos

However i would suggest you to use your device on medium battery optimized mode

Note 20 users has also reported same issues
However company is not willing to do anything

I am using Samsung S20 FE facing these issues
Still no solution provided by Samsung
0 Likes
Thirumukthi
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
I am using Samsung S20 FE. getting battery draining issue & heating issue. please give any solutions...
0 Likes
rojon
Active Level 7
Tech Talk
I am using S10 Lite and I have heating issues occasionally and worse battery life after one ui 2.5 and the October security patch hasn't fixed the battery drain issue too. And before anyone suggest me to put apps to sleep , disable things...let me say I have hard reset the phone and I have the same issues. This clearly is because of the bugs in one ui 2.5.
Samsung_Support3
Options
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

To resolve your device battery drain issue please visit this link: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/samsung-mobile-battery-drain-issue/

For further assistance, register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes