Resolved! Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy m31 fingerprint scanner won't work after locking the phone.

(Topic created on: 10-24-2020 12:10 AM)
pritamMdr
Active Level 3
Options
Tech Talk

I'm just frustrated upon this issue. I just bought galaxy m31 two weeks ago,and since then i'm facing this issue, whenever i lock my phone and leave it for sometime, fingerprint unlock doesn't work. However when i open the lock screen by pressing lock button then fingerprint works well. My best guess is I think the fingerprint scanner is being disbaled or being put to sleep whenever the phone is in idle. I'm just too much annoyed by this now. This is my 1st samsung phone,i was using other brands earlier,but this time i chose to go with samsung, now i've Statred to feel like it was a BAD BAD decision. Annoyed beyond words!! What's the point of having a fingerprint  unlock feature if I have to press the lock button every time to activate the fingerprint sensor?????? 

0 Likes
15 Comments
Solution
pheonix01
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
disable battery optimization for com.samsung.biometrics.
plzz accept my solution if u were helpful.
pritamMdr
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
Okay, will be trying that now. However i tried allowing background activity for com.samsung.biometrics ,but didn't work. Didn't try disabling optimization for this. Will let you know if this works .
0 Likes
pritamMdr
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
It worked dude😀😀😀 Thanks a ton ✌✌ finally relieved!! I was so much frustrated with this issue. Thanks again mate✌✌
0 Likes
pheonix01
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
thank you for accepting my solution
pritamMdr
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
Thank you dude for the solution✌✌
0 Likes
pritamMdr
Active Level 3
Tech Talk
Same issue arises again🤬🤬🤬 the solution worked for few days but after some days its the same🤬🤬🤬 every now & then fingerprint scanner won't work untill i press the lock key to light up the screen🤬🤬. I have used many smartphones of many brands before,no one ever had this kind of issues. what's the point of having FP unlock feature if u have to use lock/unlock button every time????? rubbish !!!.. just having a pathetic and utterly annoying experience with my 1st samsung phone🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
0 Likes