Original topic:

Galaxy S20+ or One Plus 8 Pro

(Topic created on: 05-18-2020 02:29 AM)
Deadpool31
Active Level 2
Options
Tech Talk
Hi guys,

I need some honest suggestions and advice from you guys. 
I have the Galaxy S20+ exynos and I've been using it for a while now and this phone is literally filled with issues like Overheating, Thermal throttling, Auto focus issues and what not. The phone heats even with minimal tasks like browsing and clicking photos. Gaming is just next to impossible with this phone burning on your hands.
I just hope these phones just don't start exploding like the Note 7.

I had Galaxy S8 earlier and it had no issues. It certainly feels like Samsung is deliberately adding issues in S20 line up. It's a flagship phone with a sky high price tag and it performs so miserably it's just frustrating and disappointing.

And despite been addressed about the issues from almost all the exynos users and multiple times. Samsung doesn't seem be resolving these issues. And phone is just becoming unsable.

So i want your opinions here that should i sell my S20+ and get a One Plus 8 Pro.
Or do you think that Samsung will address these and resolve them.
Honestly i had really bad experiences with Samsung after sales services.
What do you say.
4 Comments
Anonymous
Not applicable
Tech Talk
I'm in the same boat as you are, upgraded from S8 to S20+
My S8 servede really well for almost 3 years but I'm not feeling the same about s20+.

some things about it are amazing, like the non curved screen, haptics, camera and software but the others are driving me crazy.
Battery backup is poor to average, even on 96Hz, process doesn't seem well optimised as it overheats on small tasks even though I don't game on my phone. Moreover, I am facing display hardware issue on my phone.

I'm really considering purchasing the OP8 pro too but there's just one thing stopping me.

I read somewhere that samsung is working on improvements in the may update and if it does improve upon the battery and heating aspects I will stick with it.
i suggest you wait for the next update too before making a final decision.
0 Likes
Deadpool31
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
Yeah man.. that's the only reason i haven't sold this thing already. What's the point of having this phone when you simply can't hold it for 15 mins properly. It gets so uncomfortably hot. That hardware itself would have taken quite some damage with this much heat generation. Knowing Samsung's history i just pray this thing just don't explode in my hands.

It's really disappointing that the lastest gen is performing poor than the older ones. Even the mid rangers of Mi, Oppo, Vivo are surpassing it's performance in some areas.
Such a Shame. Anyways thanks for the suggestion man.
Appreciate it.
0 Likes
cs_member9
Active Level 7
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!

We at Samsung understand your concern and we apologies for the inconvenience caused to you regarding the issue you are facing with your device.

We would like to inform you that the issue has been resolved with the latest security patch which we released on 6th April 2020 and 24th April, 2020.

Kindly download the updated version by following below-mentioned steps:

Click on settings> Click on software update> Click on download and install> Check software update> Software update available (if any available) > Click on Download > Downloading updates > Click on Install now.

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes
Deadpool31
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
Don't know what issue you guys have resolved because no improvements are visible in my devices. It still Overheats with just doing some simple tasks like browsing or using camera for just 5 min. Gaming is nothing but a nightmare on this device.

So tell me what does "issue resolved" exactly mean to you guys ??
0 Likes