Original topic:

Galaxy S20 FE

(Topic created on: 09-25-2020 12:33 PM)
MrGEEK
★★
Options
Tech Talk
The Galaxy S20 FE starts at $699 in the United States. This is for the 5G variant that features the Snapdragon 865 processor, the very same processor that you find inside the US Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G. It’s paired with 6GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. These are bonafide high-end specs and the 4,500mAh battery capacity with 25W fast charging support is similar to that of the Galaxy S20+.

Samsung’s latest smartphone features a 6.5-inch Full HD+ resolution flat Super AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. Need I remind you that nobody makes better OLED panels for mobile devices than Samsung? It also has support for expandable storage and reverse wireless charging. Expandable storage is missing from the $899 OnePlus 8 Pro while the $699 OnePlus 8 doesn’t have wireless charging or 120Hz refresh rate and has a smaller battery.

The display panel is protected by Gorilla Glass 3 but the Galaxy S20 FE’s back is made with a toughened plastic material that has a matte finish to prevent fingerprints and smudges. It has an IP68 dust and water resistance rating which is another thing that’s missing from the OnePlus handset.

The biggest advantage that Samsung has over OnePlus is that of its brand recognition and its partnerships with carriers in the United States. Given the sheer numbers that Samsung sells every year, carriers are more than happy to work with Samsung and promote its products. The Galaxy S20 FE 5G is available from all major networks and also has a Verizon-exclusive variant that works on the carrier’s 5G Ultra Wideband network.
3 Comments
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
What about India ?
I think if Samsung wants to sell this phone in India then price should be between 42-50k as it will be missing 5G and will have Exynos 990 instead SD865.
But knowing Samsung track record, I feel they will price this over 50k.
0 Likes
Tech Talk
There are some rumours around that it will be priced between 45k-50k in India.
0 Likes
TimonN
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
that price seems ok + initial launch bank offers will make it overall great deal.
It will kill S20 , S20+ Sale though.
0 Likes