Original topic:

Expectations from One UI 4.0

(Topic created on: 07-08-2021 11:57 AM)
DarshanChatterjee
Expert Level 5
Options
Tech Talk
Samsung is going to push its intermediate of One UI 3.1 and 4.0 soon. But as per some articles, there'll be no such major changes. All we should do focus on upcoming major os update One UI 4.0 based on Android 12. I'm writing this post based on A71 , what we can expect and demand as well from One UI 4.0
1. No blotwares: 
At least this time they should stop pushing blots via software update. 
2. Camera: 
A. 60fps recording upto 1080p
B. Switch camera while recording 
C. Shutterspeed upto 32s
D. Portrait video
E. Pro video 
F. Snapchat filters that is present in A52 and A72
G. RAW image support 
3. Security & Privacy:
A. Privacy dashboard 
B. Privacy indicator
C. App transparency 
D. 5 Fingerprint data instead of 3
E. Dedicated Fingerprint for secure folder 

4. Ram management:
As you all know after One ui 3.1 update , the UI was consuming more ram than earlier ui 2.5. So this time we can expect proper ram management. 

5. Good lock: 
As you know Good lock is a customization tool for Samsung One UI (not for the core) devices , so we can expect more modules in that. 
As of now there are no extra animations for Fingerprint and charging. So if possible Samsung should add those to good lock.

6. Editor in gallery 
Many of us don't use 3rd party editing apps. We prefer the only the Editor present in gallery app. 
A. For photos: When we use the Editor for photos , the size and quality of the picture decreases and we can't manually control it. So this should be stop. 
Feature like using frame should be present.

For videos: There is so much limited options in the default app. Samsung should introduce many options in the Editor. Like multiple filters , video speed slider (only 3 options present as of now) , multiple effects , etc.

7. Connectivity:
Many of you faced issues with network speed in samsung devices. Whether it's with Wi-Fi or cellular data. So Samsung should improve this.

8. Reintroduction of Wi-Fi direct:
I don't know about others but I'm missing it badly. As you know after One ui 3.1 update you only can receive media files using Wi-Fi direct. But you can't use it to share media files. So I wish Samsung should reintroduce this feature. 

9. Dual app:
Many of you use this feature on your device. But the problem is its limted for few apps. Samsung should introduce more apps to be perfore this dual app activity.

10. Don't do this:
Different brands has their own policies and freedom to customize their features. But it sometimes impact users in real time. As you know Samsung cuts many of the features that Google introduce with various Android versions. (For example many of the A series, F and M series devices don't have screen recorder) 
As of now upto Android 12 beta 2 update the features introduced by Google are not useless to maximum number of users. So it's a request to Samsung that don't cut that out this time. 

11. Uninstall option:
Last but not the least , I don't know whether it's possible or not..... Please enable the Uninstall option for some Default apps (not system apps). 🙏

As of now this is my recommendations. 

6 Comments
MisterHan
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
Please inform about the update size 1139 MB that was recently pushed with June 2021 security patch. How is battery life and performance after the update?
Tech Talk
You're talking about A72. And I have A71. So don't know.
Pavandivvela
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
Atleast 1 st one they should do no bloat wares
faizoddin
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
fahekfphtquqjuyoyiqkeiieyjjyete
MisterHan
Active Level 4
Tech Talk
Have you updated to July Update? 1137 MB update?

I want to know the reviews on this update (what is the effect on battery, camera and performance?)
0 Likes