Original topic:

Dual SIM option missing in Andriod 11

(Topic created on: 02-05-2021 12:17 AM)
S24ULTRA
Active Level 2
Options
Tech Talk
S21  ULTRA phone SIM 2 ICON is missing and we are forced to select Sim1 or Sim2 manually every time you make a phone call .Also no option to send Text message..Plz restore this feature which existed in older version of Andriod 10 - URGENTLY 
16 Comments
gslive87
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
go to settings --> connections --> sim card manager you can select which sim to chose for calling rather than asking for every call.
0 Likes
NaikMithilesh
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
No, I do not wish to select a SIM forever. What he's saying is, give us both buttons right on the dialing screen instead of clicking on call button then selecting the sim. One operation less !?
gslive87
Active Level 1
Tech Talk
yes that functionality isn't there at the moment.
0 Likes
Members_5WWukYV
Beginner Level 3
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Team,

I have bought S20 FE 5G and dealing with a similar issue. We need both the options on the dialing pad as it will help us to select the SIM card of our choice before making a call. This needs to be FIXED immediately. This may look like a small issue but it's not.. at the moment, it seems the SIM2 is just a waste in this phone.

0 Likes
S24ULTRA
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
thats correct .Dual SIM Icon existed till last Andriod version.With the new version u have to manually choose every SIM. This feature is missing in Phone Dialer
0 Likes
S24ULTRA
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
Update - Samsung Service center also confirmed me now that they removed this Feature...Only Samsung R&D Team can fix this issue
0 Likes
S24ULTRA
Active Level 2
Tech Talk
Dual SIM ICON Missing is now a world wide issue for all ANDRIOD 11 - ONE UI 3.1 Users...Samsung & Andriod made life hell now...The use of Second SIM has become waste.Everytime i have to choose manually which SIM when connected to Car system
0 Likes
Tech Talk

Hi Everyone! Glad to see others posting about this major issue as well in their respective Samsung Communities....We all need help in every country to escalate this to Samsung Executive Management! This must be immediately on their radar as this major issue is resulting PRIVACY, SECURITY, SAFETY, COST and USER EXPERIENCE issues!!! Potential massive lawsuits for Samsung. 

More complaints posted about same issue in other Samsung worldwide communities threads...see links below. Btw I did share a temporary solution on how to revert back to Android 10, UI 2.5 and get Dual SIM1 + SIM2 buttons back for calls and messages....however it only works for Note10 or S10 series.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note20-series/dual-sim-dialler-buttons-missing/m-p/320313...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-note10-series/lost-dual-sim-choice-in-calls-and-messages-...

0 Likes