Original topic:

Don't update your GalaxyZFold4 with May update

(Topic created on: 06-04-2023 12:04 AM)
Tech Talk

Yes the may update is horrible for the battery, I've even done reset and everything whatever I can do but still on full charge its 9 hour and on using getting only 2 to 3 hours of SOT previously was 6 to 7 hours, no extra app is downloaded everything was same.
8 Comments
Tech Talk
Was the 5G signal also the same? I find 5G is the biggest battery sucker. I have setup a routine for that to save some battery.

Screenshot_20230601_151221_Modes and Routines.jpg
Tech Talk
I've tested on WiFi too after complete testing I'm posting this.
0 Likes
Tech Talk
Ok. I thought my Flip 4 battery capacity was less so didnt test it fully after realising the unusually low battery life after may update. Hopefull it will be resolved after June update.
Tech Talk
Hope so
0 Likes
cpaul1177
Active Level 6
Tech Talk
Yes, it is happening to my Galaxy A13 after updating to May security patch level. Before it, the device's battery was giving me good battery life. But after updating it, it shows me 12-13 hours left in 97%. What's wrong with samsung....!
_Sara_
Expert Level 4
Tech Talk
Samsung is going down the drain with this downgrades which they call it "update"... they're ruining all the models (((... rainbow displays, smoked batteries and what not.... what a shame!
Tech Talk
Very true. I totally agree with you ..
Samsung team should work more upon the optimised software.
Instead of degrading they should enhance .
Tech Talk
Soon your Fold 4 with post May update will ruin your device battery backup .
Its simple don't update after purchasing the device otherwise with the latest software update ,the device will usage will be degraded automatically post update .