Original topic:

Do android provide best in class security?

(Topic created on: 04-05-2022 11:49 AM)
_Sayujya_
Expert Level 3
Options
Tech Talk
So today we will discuss about androids security good or bad.

If you see from Google’s perspective then its good but from manufacturer perspective about somewhat good.

As android is open sourced and made with Linux kernel it's security needed to be good and vulnerabilities must be patched faster than that of other mobile devices operating system. 
But why that doesn't happen? There are a lot of points tho.

Number 1 different manufacturer 
Like if you are using an Samsung device or Motorola they comes with pre-built Knox and for Motorola its think shield well both them are good but different hardware and even if Google patches the vulnerabilities first pixel will get it cause it comes with own hardware and software (pixel 5 only). For Samsung and others its different they will give March's security update in April one month delayed or some days but they will delay. 

Number 2 installing apps from unknown sites
Before you install any modded apks from external sites and you get viruses right? And you say android is bad I will switch to iOS but before saying this you agree to download android do notifies you that installing from these type of sites can harm ur device. So make common sense before saying 

Number 3 installing any apps from playstore without checking its background developers. A lot of apps are removed from playstore every month because they come with viruses and steal ur data. 
Don't install games from unknown developers or not well known most of the time teens install any games and phone gets infected.

So what are these viruses how harmful they are what can they do are they harmful like windows one? I will answer all of these 

These viruses records ur screen anonymously and save it to some folder screen shot picture, displays ads so how to know is any virus present in your phone our not ? Simply check the file manager for unknown folders or some pictures which u didn't take also don't install security apps cleaning apps from playstore only install some well-known like Norton, Kaspersky etc 

2 if your phone uses too much data it can be a virus some times android also eats data like free food. The virus uses data to send details to their respective owners 

3. Phone displays ads in front of anything I'm not talking about one ui or other UI ads it will be like pop ups

4. Heating too much while phone's not in use it maybe a virus or battery problem

5. Phone behaves abruptly 
6. Dont install any apps to customize ur phone

So at last are they harmful like windows viruses?

The answer is simply no as its made with Linux kernel it's secured with root permissions so viruses can't modify system 

If I missed something let me know in comments 
3 Comments
TheMystic
Expert Level 1
Tech Talk
Android is very secure until the user messes with it.
_Sayujya_
Expert Level 3
Tech Talk
Exactly
0 Likes
cs_member8
Options
Tech Talk

Dear Samsung Member,

Greetings from Samsung Customer Support!  

We acknowledge your query and apologize for the same. Please visit this mentioned link to resolve your device heating issue: https://www.samsung.com/in/support/mobile-devices/why-the-device-heats-up-during-use/

In case the issue still occurs. Please register your concern in Samsung Members Application (Open Samsung Members Application > Get help > Send Feedback > Error report/Ask questions).

Thank you for writing to Samsung.

Warm Regards,
Samsung Customer Support

0 Likes